Help making a guitar decision.

boogieman1187

I’ve been toying with the idea of purchasing a Tyler guitar, for those who have experience with them I would like to know your thoughts.

I’ve been playing Luxxtone for the past few years and I’m sure the two brands are worlds apart if anyone has experience with the two please post your opinions.

Thanks

Tyler’s are definitely amazing guitars. They have a feel that are slightly different than the other top builders, plus, it has that super bitchin headstock.

The neck has a high level of playability, his pickups that I have tried were great, and through a killer amp they sound amazing. But so would a lot of other guitars.

Try and find one used at a good price. People are trying to price gouge on Tyler right now because of retirement rumors. Sons of bitches!!! But every once in a while you can get a good deal on one.

Watch out for the guys that list one a little less than everyone else, but in reality it’s a Tyler Japan and they fail to mention in the for sale ad that it’s Tyler Japan. Those are hit or miss. I have had a couple that were amazing, and then had a couple that were dead average at best.

Every Tyler USA build I have had, has been great. Build quality is great, playability is off the charts, and with the Tyler pickups I’ve played they sound really good.

But keep in mind, they are bolt on super strays and you could find another high end super strat for less that does the same thing. But, Tyler’s definitely have some sort of mysterious secret sauce as they are in rare air in the world of the high end super strat. I love that 59 neck carve they use. Feels goooooooood.

Some people hate the headstock shape, both of them, but the larger headstock, to me, is straight up bitchin.

Tyler’s are definitely amazing guitars. They have a feel that are slightly different than the other top builders, plus, it has that super bitchin headstock.

The neck has a high level of playability, his pickups that I have tried were great, and through a killer amp they sound amazing. But so would a lot of other guitars.

Try and find one used at a good price. People are trying to price gouge on Tyler right now because of retirement rumors. Sons of bitches!!! But every once in a while you can get a good deal on one.

Watch out for the guys that list one a little less than everyone else, but in reality it’s a Tyler Japan and they fail to mention in the for sale ad that it’s Tyler Japan. Those are hit or miss. I have had a couple that were amazing, and then had a couple that were dead average at best.

Every Tyler USA build I have had, has been great. Build quality is great, playability is off the charts, and with the Tyler pickups I’ve played they sound really good.

But keep in mind, they are bolt on super strays and you could find another high end super strat for less that does the same thing. But, Tyler’s definitely have some sort of mysterious secret sauce as they are in rare air in the world of the high end super strat. I love that 59 neck carve they use. Feels goooooooood.

Some people hate the headstock shape, both of them, but the larger headstock, to me, is straight up bitchin.
The headstock to me is weird but I like quirky guitars so I favor it. I’m a huge Dan Huff fan and I like the sound that the Tyler’s have, they seem to have a bit more Hi-Fi sound or something I can’t explain that I always hear with them. Thanks for the info, I appreciate the things to look out for as well.

The headstock to me is weird but I like quirky guitars so I favor it. I’m a huge Dan Huff fan and I like the sound that the Tyler’s have, they seem to have a bit more Hi-Fi sound or something I can’t explain that I always hear with them. Thanks for the info, I appreciate the things to look out for as well.
They are amazing guitars. Definitely have a clarity and hi-fi kind of sound. They sit well in a mix. I really dig his pickups, especially the hot retro and the (I think they are called) JTS5500, touch sensitivity, articulate, as well as tight and punchy. Good stuff. I need one. Bad……..

Have had many. They are generally warm and phat. Have never heard a Tyler that was shrill, thin or too brite.

Tyler has the best worn fretboard edges I’ve felt. He puts extra into that which gives a nice played in feel. I favor the Secret pickup. Have also had the Mystery, Super and Hot Laura singles.

Have had many. They are generally warm and phat. Have never heard a Tyler that was shrill, thin or too brite.

Tyler has the best worn fretboard edges I’ve felt. He puts extra into that which gives a nice played in feel. I favor the Secret pickup. Have also had the Mystery, Super and Hot Laura singles.
The one In particular I’m looking at has the super in the bridge, checked out some videos and it seems to be right on point, I’ll check out the secret as well. The played in feel is something I value my Luxxtone guitars, nothing like the feeling of a new guitar that feels like it’s been broken in

Back