Help me out married Rig-Talkers, I am seriously going crazy!

Or maybe it's a job for these guys

xfiles-mulder-and-scully.jpg

Sorry, sorry, been at the whiskey and I couldn't resist. Either she is in fact telling the truth or if she's not you're not going to pry the truth out of her if she doesn't want to give it up. If things are happy then here's to them staying that way! :cheers:

shadowfax29":1rr7sqa4 said:
Or maybe it's a job for these guys

xfiles-mulder-and-scully.jpg

Sorry, sorry, been at the whiskey and I couldn't resist. Either she is in fact telling the truth or if she's not you're not going to pry the truth out of her if she doesn't want to give it up. If things are happy then here's to them staying that way! :cheers:

What was Mulder's long running quote from that show? Oh yes, I remember now -- "I want to believe." This is more appropriate than you think! :LOL: :LOL:

It got stuck in the toothbrush in the morning, and by some chance got there either by the cabinet being open when she brushed, or shook the water off of the brush? :) Or she sneezed with the cabinet door open?

Ventura":3avibn1x said:
I would take anonymous used stitches over used condoms any day :thumbsup:

V.

+1 =0

save yourselves a headache and move on, fueling paranoia on something like that isn't really worth it

sounds like an innocent mistake,perhaps she did but dont remember,either way not a battle worth winning..
in marriage theres alot of shake your head and move on :thumbsup:

:confused: Small thing for sure. I would have thrown the stitches out and never have said a word. Does she make comments about shit stains in your underware when she does your laundry? Who gives a crap how they got there. Do you really think she, as a woman. would have left them there on purpose? Woman are vain. Maybe she wanted to save them as a token and forgot to pick them back up. My Wife saves weird things. Move on and be thankful she puts up with you as I am for my Woman. There's a hundred guys my Wife could easily get and she wants me. And yes you have lost your mind a little. But that's normal in marriage. :rock:

Gooseman":d4tg6iq2 said:
Dude, calm down, it'll be alright ... Your comments are fine, but seriously -- there is nothing intense about what I wrote or who I am. You assume that there is nothing to worry about, and I am fine assuming both possibilities.

To say that you can figure out everything there is to know about a person before you get married is just not reality. There are millions of married and divorced people who can back that up. I've been together with this girl for 8 years. 7 of those we've lived together. I trust her a lot.

I have high expectations of achieving the good and can live with the consequences of such beliefs. I tolerate mistakes, but not blatant lying that goes unchecked. I've never seen good things happen through lying. I will not be an enabler of allowing someone I love to pursue a path of lying.

I am also not living everyday pretending that the little things matter less than the big things. Anytime lying is involved, white or not, it always matters. You can have your opinions, and I value your input, but my experiences and educational background tell me that lying is never a sign of good things. Honestly, I'd rather be alone than with some who lies to me. I tolerate everything and anything actually.

At the end of the day, until I know it is a lie, there is little I have to worry about. I do find it interesting that many people suggest just dealing with lies, even small ones, if they know they have been truly lied to. I am glad to know that people are able to maintain healthy relationships through this. I also have studied plenty of negatives associated with lying and relationships too.

You're right, we don't know you other than what you've allowed us to see, but it should be noted that there are a bunch of us here who are reading "control freak" in your words and since you've asked for our opinion, here goes.

When people are "confronted" with an "inconvenient truth" in the manner you've admitted upon finding "a" stitch in the cabinet, am not so sure anything she said would have been acceptable.

Its like getting pulled over for speeding, but only traveling one mile over the speed limit by a cop who walks up to your car and immediately starts acting like a prick, how do you imagine most people will respond to this question "This is a school zone, do you have any idea how fast you were traveling, asshole?" At the same time you notice his hand tighten around the grip of his Taser...

People are going to tell a fib or three along the way. Whether she's meeting your expectations, or not, she's still a person, treat her like one and she just might become more confident about her role as your "partner" and with that, reciprocate with all sorts of positive attributes found in a healthy marriage.

But if it doesn't work out, and she's relatively intelligent, kind and passionate, am sure there are plenty of guys out there who'd be more than glad to take her off your hands...put a good word in there for me, will ya?
:thumbsup:

Chubtone":1fq3fnx0 said:
I've been married 17 years and in reading your first post my thought was that you must be quite an intense guy and that can get quite difficult to deal with over time. Your wife may have put the stitches in there and been embarrassed when you found them because that's pretty gross and the last thing a woman wants is for her guy to think she's disgusting. So maybe she told a little white lie so this would go away and you wouldn't think she was weird or nasty. And then you blow this way out of proportion with a "would you EVER lie to me?!!!!" and she's so afraid you'll find out she lied to you and won't trust her when it counts.

This is what I was thinking. No woman wants her man to see her do something gross. Kind of like if I ask my wife if she farted and she will say no when I clearly know that she did. I don't consider that a lie.

As was said- pick your battles wisely. Women are aliens from an unknown place of origin. I've been married over 20 years and I would have seen that, laughed under my breath, and flushed 'em without a word :LOL: :LOL:
You gotta roll with the punches bro, and step right over the molehills without a word. The mountians are patiently waiting for you up ahead :yes:

I'd be willing to bet that your wife was prescribed pain meds after the tooth extraction. She probably put the stitches in the cabinet while on the meds, yet doesn't actually remember doing it. Case closed :thumbsup:

Tone Monster":ja3r8n8c said:
I'd be willing to bet that your wife was prescribed pain meds after the tooth extraction. She probably put the stitches in the cabinet while on the meds, yet doesn't actually remember doing it. Case closed :thumbsup:

Actually, the "infraction" occured when she was flossing, and you know how it goes with flossing, that shit can end up anywhere...
:LOL: :LOL:

When I read the post, I expected the comments to be BRUTAL!

I did learn something though... This IS The Gear Page, only Kinder and Gentler! :LOL: :LOL: (I like TGP, btw)

Seriously. I think the posters have it right. Stitches either came-out unknowingly/knowingly and wound-up in the cabinet as a passenger on the bottom of an item.

guitarslinger":1hwsfpoj said:
This thread is making my head spin.

You made your wife uncomfortable.

Give her a hug and get her some flowers.

Please.

This ^^^
She's totally embarrassed. The more you push, the more she will defend. You're freaked out? LULZ!!! She's really freaked out! She thinks you're a psychopathic control freak.
Ah, youth. I remember my first years of marriage.
25th anniversary coming up in a couple weeks.
Trust me, you will have plenty of real issues coming up to deal with.
This is nothing. You're a flawed human being who has pledged to give his life to another flawed human being.
You've not yet seen weirdness. Best bet is to decide to just love your wife unconditionally no matter what she says or does, after all, this is the crux of most wedding vows.
If you can win that battle in your mind, everything else will be a lot easier.
My best wishes for a long and happy marriage.

she probably just didn't want you to make a big deal of it dude, which in turn you've gone and done.
Go buy her some flowers

Kick her to the curb. No wife should put stitches in a bathroom cab without proper notification and approval.

But seriously, like many have said, let it go. I agree with you that it's odd that she's so defensive about it but if you're going to stay married you'll have to choose your battles wisely, and this one doesn't really show up on the radar unless it's part of an ongoing trend.

Back