Hey Eddie freaks...

ratter

Would this neck have been made by Wayne Charvel?

Jas-Obrecht-and-Eddie-Van-Halen-July-23-1978.jpg

I believe that neck was a Boogie Bodies neck thru the Wayne and Lynn Ellsworth partnership. Some others may chime in with the exact story, but I'm pretty sure is was a Boogie Bodies.

-Jason

dont know about the neck but damn is EVH packing some heat in those pants or what...

souldigger":3v7pexs8 said:
I believe that neck was a Boogie Bodies neck thru the Wayne and Lynn Ellsworth partnership. Some others may chime in with the exact story, but I'm pretty sure is was a Boogie Bodies.

-Jason

Yep thats it. Wayne Charvel worked with Ellworth at Boogie Bodies in teh mid 70s before moving into his own shop Azusa.

I read in an interview with EVH he got the parts from Lynn and they where factory seconds. The body has a knot in it somewhere and the neck wasn't quite up to standard. Said he paid $50 for the body and $70 for the neck then put THAT guitar together himself. You know the drill...

Ive seen pictures of that guitar and the neck doesnt fit squarre in the body so the high E is almost off the end of the finger board.

ejecta":1gkovd5o said:
Why are you guys looking at his crotch? :LOL: :LOL:

I was just staring at the headstock and then my eyes drifted and then...BAM!!! :LOL: :LOL:

ejecta":2s372ldd said:
Leveraged Sellout":2s372ldd said:
ejecta":2s372ldd said:

I was just staring at the headstock and then my eyes drifted and then...BAM!!! :LOL: :LOL:

I know I'm just poking fun..... speaking of poking. :scared:

No worries at all, i asked myself the same question after i caught myself lookin at it ;)

Leveraged Sellout":3dlwx90e said:
ejecta":3dlwx90e said:
Leveraged Sellout":3dlwx90e said:
ejecta":3dlwx90e said:

I know I'm just poking fun..... speaking of poking. :scared:

No worries at all, i asked myself the same question after i caught myself lookin at it ;)
There is no looking....its damn near blowing out his jeans.
Is he wearing Valaries jeans? Wonder how he even had a kid smothering the boys so tight. :LOL: :LOL:

Back