hmmmm....... that's original

One thing I never could understand is why in the world Jackson changed to that god awful headstock.

I would never own a Jackson with that. Idk why it bothers me so much.

maddnotez":1u5f2oid said:
One thing I never could understand is why in the world Jackson changed to that god awful headstock.

I would never own a Jackson with that. Idk why it bothers me so much.

Ditto that! As a child of the 80s... the usual decapitated hockey stick is THE Jackson look. Not this Smurf-tastic thing.

I assume they're using that headstock because Jackson can't figure out how to make its normal headstock not look like a ridiculous boat anchor with 7 strings. Even the slimmer one that's been on the custom shop models looks awful IMHO.

I don't like that 4+3 thing, but it's better than the alternative.

And I love the look of that guitar. I'm a huge RG and RGA fan...

i really dont see what the issue is. The specs on this guitar are amazing for a 7 string. I will be buying one!

It's pointed, I'm not complaining. This is better

$_57.JPG

LOVE the finish on that guitar, but agreed that the headstock is awful. I don't like the Broderick for the same reason.

There's nothin' wrong with that headstock. That's a great looking guitar. Opinion, if course :)

I'm a loooong standing Jackson player and love the pointy head. But I think they're trying to 'side step' the whole "those are just 80s guitars" type of mindset by using the smurf-hat. Having initially not been a fan of it at all, I've got to a point where I don't mind it now.

I think the trans brown Misha model looks great, and the others looked pretty sweet too (though blue-ish aside, I forget what they are!). I have to say that I'm not not sure why anyone would want the 'P' inlay that comes on the higher spec guitar. It's a cool inlay if you're him, but it's taking the sig thing a little far IMO. But I guess that's why they're doing the more basic version..

It's an Ibanez, I'll pass.

Make it a Jackson... Neck through, a regular Soloist body, and I'm in. I like that headstock almost as much as the regular one.

is Ibanez making the body and Schecter the headstock?

yuk!

I used to love most Charvel's and Jackson's no its pretty slim picken for me other than the SC stratheads that I can build for half the price and no wait time LOL

Back