How is it here to buy and sell?

tlp1234

I realize that's a broad question.

I'm not a big buyer or seller these days of used gear. Just weary of perusing Reverb, CL, eBay, that stupid emporium over at thin skinned crybaby TGP.

Overall, been digging RT more and more of late.

I’ve never had a problem domestic or shipping to/from Canada on RT.

I had one problem buying an amp from overseas from a military base person. It arrived all tubes shattered due to poor packaging and they blamed it on a scam on me and wouldn’t help me at all with the claim. I filed the claim, won it, and immediately repaired/retubed the amp and sold it off. The user that did this was banned from this forum for his actions and accusations.

Bad deals can happen but they’re rare. Lesson here is never use brick styrofoam with an amp assuming a single layer box won’t collapse. Always bubble wrap and double box.

Bad deals can happen but they’re rare. Lesson here is never use brick styrofoam with an amp assuming a single layer box won’t collapse. Always bubble wrap and double box.

Yep, 100%

Almost all problems with deals on BST can be boiled down to bad/lazy packaging.

1 oz prevention, 1 lb of cure.

There are so many more members at TGP that it is probably the best online non-Reverb/eBay option.

Many people are wary of Reverb/eBay to the point of either not using at all or only to buy and never to sell.

I much prefer Rig Talk but I listen to and play several styles so I put up with the crybaby Karens. And for selling I've had way more success there just due to the numbers.

The good... small community so it is generally safe.
The bad.... small community so unless you're selling the latest favorite metal amp, it is generally slow..

I realize that's a broad question.

I'm not a big buyer or seller these days of used gear. Just weary of perusing Reverb, CL, eBay, that stupid emporium over at thin skinned crybaby TGP.

Overall, been digging RT more and more of late.
Good to great....like Jason said, what it lacks in size of pool it makes up for it quality buyers.

Back