How is the quality on LTD Guitars?

Had one about 10 years ago.
Pretty solid guitars.
Don't know if the quality has gone up or down since then but I liked mine.
It was the eclipse but forgot which model it was.

I broke the neck by accident years ago but never repaired it.

You know its subjective and all but there were a lot of Korean made LTD models that sounded and played better than some of the regular ESPs. This is why you can see Gary Holt, James Hatfield and Chino from Deftones playing them live and in the studio.

I checked out some of the Vietnamese or Chinese/Taiwanese made ones and I personally consider them firewood compared to the Korean LTDs made in the 2000's. YMMV

RockinChippi":1kj92jmf said:
I pity anyone who can't afford a real guitar. I play Suhr exclusively in my basement into my own sig amp called the Rockinshitter. And once I shove my head far enough up John Suhr's ass I'll get my own Signature model from Suhr.
What a douchebag you are lol. You really have enough time on your hands to waste making fun of Alex in this forum? Guess some people just have no life...

Stick to the 1000 series, it's the best in the LTD range. I just got an EC1000 evertune in see through black and it's amazing. The jump in quality to the ESP series is marginal and with their ugly new headstock logos the LTDs look much better now anyway.

keep your eye on the musicians friend stupid deal of the day, sometimes they sell ec256's for $249. i got one a couple months ago, dropped some emg's i had laying around in it now i have a killer guitar for 300 bucks .

CharvelDan is back. This time he's a cunt.

No wait, he was a cunt last time as well. Oh well, here we go again!

Alright, back to the LTD's.

I've never been let down by a 400 series or higher LTD. I have an early 2000s MH-301 (Korean) which was really nice, but all of the hardware needed to be upgraded. I currently have a EC-401b (Eclipse baritone) which was made in China which also surprised me in a good way.

I've had the opportunity to try the 256 models and was a bit disappointed, mostly by the fret work.

At used prices, the LTD line is really hard to beat.

Pushead":2yz1tid3 said:
I've never been let down by a 400 series or higher LTD. I have an early 2000s MH-301 (Korean) which was really nice, but all of the hardware needed to be upgraded. I currently have a EC-401b (Eclipse baritone) which was made in China which also surprised me in a good way.

I've had the opportunity to try the 256 models and was a bit disappointed, mostly by the fret work.

At used prices, the LTD line is really hard to beat.

That's why I recommend the 401 line and up. I have 2 of them, and I've had 3 of the 1000 series. Throw some locking tuners on a 401 and it's just as nice as 1000. The finish is a trade off...401 has nicer binding than a good chunk of the abalaminate bound 1000's, the 1000 will have a deeper finish on the burst veneer. The fretwork on my Chinese 401 is as good as my 2004 Korean 1000, and are all consistent with the rest of them I've played.

The fretwork on the ESP EC I had was beautiful though. If you can get a used one around the same price, that's great. Otherwise the LTD stuff is a great deal, and any competent player can make them sound great.

I just wish ESP would go back to being ESP. These days they seem to be 95% Ltd. and E-II and 5% ESP.

I had a LTD KH-Ouija that I really really wanted to love but it had dull tone & really soft frets. It was a Korean L serial number, I don't know what factory those are from. I was sad the day I sold it only because it looked so cool.

I've been very happy with my W seral number LTDs so I'll stick with them in that price range. (World Music Factory) Check this out- https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...orld-musical-instrument-co-ltd-korea.1702997/

I do have one of those little KH-minis (made in China) for my kid, it's junk but better than most kid's guitars I suppose.

I've always been content with LTD guitars, but recently have been looking at used Standard Series and bought an Eclipse off of Reverb. I never thought a more expensive guitar could make that much of a difference, mostly because I always spend big money on amps. After having the Eclipse for a few days I can say that I was wrong about pricey guitars. This ESP is flat out amazing and is by far the best guitar I've ever had in terms of sound, playability and craftsmanship. It plays like butter and just sounds better in every way. I like it so much, I dumped a Jackson RRMG and Schecter KM7 on Ebay to get another ESP Standard Series. The E-ii's are supposed to be the same as the Standard Series, but I'm going to continue to gobble up used ESP Standards.

Korean LTD are the best quality specially some signatures, there are also Chinese and Vietman i believe, of course you can get a good one out of those too i remember a China made Viper that was cool

JackBootedThug":2odalsx8 said:
flatheads_4ever":2odalsx8 said:
I pretty sure I'll change the pickups. I hate EMG's... but maybe they work well in these guitars

me to....i do like the 60 in the neck on mine, but I have never liked the 81. thinking about the 18 volt mod just to see if it makes a difference for the good.....

I wouldn't bother ... yes it does sound different but it still sounds shit :LOL: :LOL: ...... the 60 to me is the only good sounding EMG

I had two lower level M's, one was great for the price and another I bought locally that just sucked. I had an older 300 level Baritone H that was really impressive playing and sounding for the price (even had duncan designed pickups that sounded great as well). Friend of mine had a two LTD 7 strings and the cheaper / lower level of the two was light years ahead of the 1000 level one. I'd play in person if you can, make sure the store has a good return policy if you're buying online in case you get a dud.

sytharnia1560":219ioumu said:
JackBootedThug":219ioumu said:
flatheads_4ever":219ioumu said:
I pretty sure I'll change the pickups. I hate EMG's... but maybe they work well in these guitars

me to....i do like the 60 in the neck on mine, but I have never liked the 81. thinking about the 18 volt mod just to see if it makes a difference for the good.....

I wouldn't bother ... yes it does sound different but it still sounds shit :LOL: :LOL: ...... the 60 to me is the only good sounding EMG

thanx for that!!!! need to trade it for a custom 5.....

Back