I just installed a set of Motor City ....

audiomidijace

2nd Degree Black Belts!
Dear God, they're amazing! :rock:
I have a standard set as well.
These have a bit more gain, feel a little looser
and have some more low end.
I'm in love!

acidvoodoo":mo24pwrh said:
Can't wait to get my Afwayu, should be here any day now!

Just got my Afwayu neck pickup the other day!

Bought an Afwayu bridge a few years ago and for some reason thought I'd use a different neck pickup. :confused:

How long are you guys waiting right now? I ordered an Afwayu on the 8th for a guitar I just got back together tonight and now it's going to eat at me. Seems like it was about a month the last time I ordered.

audiomidijace":2ltz4zbh said:
2nd Degree Black Belts!
Dear God, they're amazing! :rock:
I have a standard set as well.
These have a bit more gain, feel a little looser
and have some more low end.
I'm in love!

Great pickup. I have one in the bridge of my Heritage 150 CM and it smokes!!! A TWreck in the neck!!!

GregM":1rl33w6i said:
How long are you guys waiting right now? I ordered an Afwayu on the 8th for a guitar I just got back together tonight and now it's going to eat at me. Seems like it was about a month the last time I ordered.
It's been almost exactly a month since I ordered mine. Wade says lead time is 3 weeks.

acidvoodoo":2f476rs6 said:
GregM":2f476rs6 said:
It's been almost exactly a month since I ordered mine. Wade says lead time is 3 weeks.

It takes longer than 3 weeks. More like 4-6.

lotsalemon":18vrf2eg said:
acidvoodoo":18vrf2eg said:

Bought an Afwayu bridge a few years ago and for some reason thought I'd use a different neck pickup. :confused:
Damn I did the same, now you have me thinking I should have bought the set.. :doh:

acidvoodoo":3vhhsbfz said:
lotsalemon":3vhhsbfz said:
acidvoodoo":3vhhsbfz said:

Damn I did the same, now you have me thinking I should have bought the set.. :doh:

I regret not getting the set first time around.

Lead time for me was around 4.5 weeks, but I wasn't in any rush.

Love MCP...held off forever from going the 2nd Degree route in my LP Standard.....it was a mistake holding off for so long, some people may like BB Pros and they may sound good in some LPs...but the 2nd Degrees were night and day better.

I also have Afwayu set in my Goldtop LP. \m/

lotsalemon":3j45to21 said:
acidvoodoo":3j45to21 said:

I used to do things like that all the time!
I always order in sets now. :rock:

Wade and his pickups absolutely rock :rock:
In a lot of ways MCP reminds me of Wizard amps: One man show, the guy can be a little quirky at times, but oh my god, it only takes about 30 seconds when you first plug in to understand what the hype is all about.

The standard spiel I give all my buddies: If you're not sure what pickups to order, just email Wade. Let him know about the guitar, wood type, what kind of music you play etc., his recommendations are always bang on. It may take a few days for him to get back to you when you email him...don't sweat it, he's a one man shop.

Then you'll order the pickups, and it will seem like forever until they show up. Don't sweat it, he's a one man shop...

You'll finally get the pickups, and they'll be in a little box wrapped in newspaper, no springs, no screws, just pickups. Don't sweat it, just put them in your guitar. Prepare to be blown away.

The biggest problem with MCP pickups... Once you try them, you'll want them in all your guitars.

I'm currently rockin' a set of Detroiter's, 2nd degree black belts, and Afwayu's in 3 different Les Pauls, a set of T Wrecks in an SG, and I couldn't be happier with the results. I also have an order in for a set Of Afwayu's for an Ibanez drop C. The pickups for the Ibanez required a little bit of customization because of the way Ibanez routed the guitar, and Wade was totally cool about it. He's sooooo easy to work with it's great. Just be patient with the emails. Like I said, he's a one man shop, so things might not happen as fast as you want, but his pickups are absolutely killer!!

I've been using an Afwayu for a few years in my main Cantrell guitar. I'm working on a custom Rampage now and I was going to try and use the stock pickup. I spent about ten minutes with it and it didn't hold a candle to the Afwayu. The articulation just wasn't there and the volume knob was little more than an on/off switch. Now the guitar is back from getting painted, back together and it's killing me to not be able to play it, but I expected it to be at least a month.

maddnotez":369qv9ae said:
138":369qv9ae said:
Have a Solution in my Lp, Angel Dust in my strat..

How is the Angel Dust?

Saw a shootout on YT and that sounded amazing.

It is amazing. flat out THE best pickup I've owned. Wade's description off his web site is spot on.

Back