I recorded a cover of "Hurt"

RevDrucifer

First song I've ever recorded without distorted guitars, but I'm pretty stoked with how this came out. It's a take on Sevendust's version of it, which was a taken on Johnny Cash's cover of it....but it doesn't really sound like any of them. I've been doing this song solo acoustic/vocal for years, but heard an arrangement in my head with the orchestra section and spent the day in the studio knocking it out. I'm going through a divorce right now and sometimes picking up an guitar is too much, but yesterday I just went full into it and 15 hours later this popped out-

Totally off topic; but I’m selling my house in the next couple weeks and while I’ve already talked myself out of buying a 79’ Silverburst……I have not yet talked myself out of buying a Ken Lawrence Explorer. I’m looking at a couple Solar E-types right now for about a grand each that I’m hoping will cure my appetite for a while, but man…..just seeing those fucking headstocks sets me off.

Totally off topic; but I’m selling my house in the next couple weeks and while I’ve already talked myself out of buying a 79’ Silverburst……I have not yet talked myself out of buying a Ken Lawrence Explorer. I’m looking at a couple Solar E-types right now for about a grand each that I’m hoping will cure my appetite for a while, but man…..just seeing those fucking headstocks sets me off.
Just do it! They’re second to none

Sounds great. Never heard that song before. (y)

Thanks, brother.

I can’t tell if you’re joking or not? :ROFLMAO:

This is the original-

Which Johnny Cash covered right before he passed-

And then Sevendust covered right after Johnny passed-

My version mixes up all of ’em, just put through my filter where I try to make everything sound huge by putting a shitload of strings and orchestra shit in the background. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks, brother.

I can’t tell if you’re joking or not? :ROFLMAO:

This is the original-

Which Johnny Cash covered right before he passed-

And then Sevendust covered right after Johnny passed-

My version mixes up all of ’em, just put through my filter where I try to make everything sound huge by putting a shitload of strings and orchestra shit in the background. :ROFLMAO:

Honestly, never heard it. :LOL:

Back