I think I fried my Uber pedal...

Chris O

I think I fried my Uber pedal...shit.

I grabbed the wrong 9V adapter, and plugged it into one with 2000mV output rather than 200mV. No noise, but a little smoke, smell, and then...death. I opened it up, and the resistor by the 9V adapter is fried. Can't tell if it got beyond that, but that part is obviously TOAST.

Emailed a local repair guy about it and I'm waiting to hear back, but does anyone have any experience here? Is this likely going to be something that costs more to fix than the pedal is worth?

The 9v adapter won't damage it. Regardless if it can handle a 200mA or 2000mA load, the pedal will only use what it needs, anything above that current demand is just headroom.

Now, plugging into a higher voltage adapter (12v, 18v, 24v) or one with reversed polarity could damage the pedal.

Do you guys mean mA?

The V rating matters. The mA doesn't as far as damage. Is concerned. It will either work or be starved and not work.

Hm... Not sure what I did then. That said, it works.

The adapter is 9v, but something happened. I'll need to investigate further I guess - check polarity, etc. the adapter was the one intended for my iSP Theta Pre pedal. I just know that smoke, smell, and flatline are never good...

The iSP runs on AC current; the Bogner runs on DC.

I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff, but safe to assume that was the issue??

Back