IF Egnater Made a Power Amp...

Jeff Hilligan":1ssvufc9 said:
it will not be a toroid. It is what is called a flat pack. Both the OT and PT. They are 1.5 inches tall and about 3 wide. As everyone has stated if it sucks I will junk it. We used the OT in a MOD 50 and it sounded great!

OMG, that's awesome! :rock:

Jeff ~ is there any chance the power amp you guys are doing / developing well have a mode that is voiced so you can use the power amp sims on the Axe Fx like the Atomic and Midi switchable for when I use it with my tube preamps ? Along with being able to switch its other voices midi ?

Yes I know I am dreaming .... but that would make it a must have for a lot of us.

Since it is 60 watts and a different design, I can't wait to find out how it compares feel and sound wise next to the other Egnater heads.

Well, if this thing sounds any good, you will have many buyers in the Axe FX community.

If you'd give it an optional "full range mode" and would come with a matching cab (12" extended range speaker and either coax or separate treble driver) you could make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

hunter":m8bvvpk2 said:
Well, if this thing sounds any good, you will have many buyers in the Axe FX community.

If you'd give it an optional "full range mode" and would come with a matching cab (12" extended range speaker and either coax or separate treble driver) you could make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
All this seems to be all based off your needs, and in all honesty makes zero business sense for Egnater. Yes, I agree every company has to start somewhere, but we don't need another Peavey, and that is, a company that builds everything, but good at nothing. The shift of gears from moving from tube based guitar products to full range speakers alone would put Egnater in a strange position on many levels. Even if they did what most speaker companies do and use off the shelf cones & drivers, you're still looking at months, if not years of enslosure & crossover design. There's already a gazillion companies making full range power amps and speakers and many of them sound fantastic and are rather inexpensive.

My opinion is they should stick to what they're incredible at until their name is as well known as Marshall or Fender. Tone wise, yes, they're probably better than both of those, but market wise, they're not there yet. Yet!!

Klark":23ru713a said:
hunter":23ru713a said:

All this seems to be all based off your needs, and in all honesty makes zero business sense for Egnater. Yes, I agree every company has to start somewhere, but we don't need another Peavey, and that is, a company that builds everything, but good at nothing. The shift of gears from moving from tube based guitar products to full range speakers alone would put Egnater in a strange position on many levels. Even if they did what most speaker companies do and use off the shelf cones & drivers, you're still looking at months, if not years of enslosure & crossover design. There's already a gazillion companies making full range power amps and speakers and many of them sound fantastic and are rather inexpensive.

My opinion is they should stick to what they're incredible at until their name is as well known as Marshall or Fender. Tone wise, yes, they're probably better than both of those, but market wise, they're not there yet. Yet!!

Fair point. I know that in the Axe community many many are waiting for the Atomic FR solution, which is due to be released this summer, and I think there is enough market for someone to offer an alternative product.

It must do full range and guitar grind power amp all from one rack space. All midi switchable. Any thing less well not do. I would be surprised if it did that. But it would be cool. I am sure the ears behind this power amp know what they are doing.

Klark":1a9skwex said:
hunter":1a9skwex said:

I agree! I hope they stay far away from the full range market. :thumbsup:

you do not need midi in a simple 1 space amp. 30/60 watt 2 vol. 1 mix 1 pres 1 den. I would like to see an amp with 4 tubes so you could have 6l6 in stereo or 34 (5881 6550) in stereo or a blend between the pairs. Makes more sense then having a stereo amp with 2 different kinds of tubes, Left 6L6 right EL34 that way both L/R are matched. I think an amp like that with the midi switching like the RT2/50 with 2 Vol. 2 Pres and den. a mix knob(that could be switched in by midi) and taking any tubes with the Biasing and 3 way power scaling would make a great 2nd amp project. I wouldn't mind giving up 3-4 spaces like a VHT for that. I already give up 4 spaces for 2 RT2/50s with out all those features.

I am all for small and portability, as long as the sound is there too, sounds great Jeff. do you know perchance a general price point?

SilverSpoons":24on1q4x said:
A new E2 Modular AND a new 1U power amp, MAN that will be really COOL!

What do you guys think would be the advantage of this over a Mod 50? i have a Mod 50 and am having difficulty finding a reason to get one of these now. If I didn't have the Mod 50, it would make sense. I am getting a rack effects unit and E2 for my Mod 50 and that should be enough. I would rather get something a little different to counter my Mod 50. Maybe an Axe-FX rig or Randall RM100 rig.

Audioholic":1ttzspp7 said:
I am all for small and portability, as long as the sound is there too, sounds great Jeff. do you know perchance a general price point?

If my memory serves me correctly...E2 around 1200 (loaded with 2 modules) and they said they're trying to keep the power amp around 1k.

I like it because everything can be in the rack wired up. Unload, take covers off rack plug guitar in and rock. Makes setup/tear down much easier plus everything is self contained and protected.

richedie":2lb1a75w said:
SilverSpoons":2lb1a75w said:
A new E2 Modular AND a new 1U power amp, MAN that will be really COOL!

What do you guys think would be the advantage of this over a Mod 50? i have a Mod 50 and am having difficulty finding a reason to get one of these now. If I didn't have the Mod 50, it would make sense. I am getting a rack effects unit and E2 for my Mod 50 and that should be enough. I would rather get something a little different to counter my Mod 50. Maybe an Axe-FX rig or Randall RM100 rig.

Well you could have a really cool stereo rig, and if you add some effects/mixers/switchers some wet/dry or w/d/w thing going too. Plus, built in redundancy means you have a backup should any one of the pieces have a problem at a show.

Back