I'm not going to apologize. I love G12T-75s.

atrox":1pd5oma1 said:
People who hate G12T-75's never cranked one through a Marshall. They have relatively flat mid's (not scooped) and you need some power behind them, but they are a great speaker.

Unfortunately, at low volumes, they can be a little ice-pick'ish

Yep, totally agree.

JMP2203":qy5ee59n said:
G12T75 does sound different depending on the year, old ones are darker

and i love them, they are the best celestions for me, and i also like g12k100

The old k85's are great too. I have two old Peavey cabs loaded up with them. They mix well with V30's.

Call me a snob, but I won't be caught dead with a Chinese V30, T75 or GB. Those were the speakers that suffered the worst changes of the England to Chinese relocation.

I'm not the biggest fan of them but enjoy and think that mixing them with other speakers sounds real good. I have one 4x12 loaded with GT-75's and I think that it's more scooped in the mid range and buzzy on the top end.

jasonP":3d11ak9c said:
I'm not the biggest fan of them but enjoy and think that mixing them with other speakers sounds real good. I have one 4x12 loaded with GT-75's and I think that it's more scooped in the mid range and buzzy on the top end.

Which T-75's though? I would agree if they are Chinese.

swamptrashstompboxes":12e4powo said:
Call me a snob, but I won't be caught dead with a Chinese V30, T75 or GB. Those were the speakers that suffered the worst changes of the England to Chinese relocation.

Greetings fellow snob ! I wholeheartedly agree. Chinese Celestions have this soft, weaker, less forceful, fuzzy quality to my ears. Like the basic tonal signature of its UK counterpart is intact, but just made with inferior materials. Of which they are actually. The louder you play, the more you hear the difference.

blackba":2v7ax521 said:
"Would love to see a comparison between the old G12T-75's and the newer ones. I think with all the speaker versions over time its easy to lose track that the new ones you are trying, may not be the same as the ones that people are recommending.".

This would be worth it to do. It would be interesting to see if there is a difference. My old ones sound great.

swamptrashstompboxes":ian8nyjz said:
JMP2203":ian8nyjz said:

The old k85's are great too. I have two old Peavey cabs loaded up with them. They mix well with V30's.

Maybe I've just had good luck, but I have a Friedman 412, Bogner 412 and Diezel 412, all loaded with Chinese celestions, and those are my 3 favorite cabs. They all have a big, full and warm sound in comparison to my 2 mesa slant/overhangs, and my 3 old peavey cabs that also have the k85's in them.

Maybe it is more cab dependent than anything.

Bad.Seed":jfptu5a3 said:
swamptrashstompboxes":jfptu5a3 said:
JMP2203":jfptu5a3 said:

Maybe I've just had good luck, but I have a Friedman 412, Bogner 412 and Diezel 412, all loaded with Chinese celestions, and those are my 3 favorite cabs. They all have a big, full and warm sound in comparison to my 2 mesa slant/overhangs, and my 3 old peavey cabs that also have the k85's in them.

Maybe it is more cab dependent than anything.

I am sure the cans play effect, but I have owned Chinese V30's and there is a huge difference in them and all of my old British Celestions. The last Chinese V30's I owned came in an Orange cab had them in there for a year or two, loaded it up with British ones, night and day.

The k85's are nice though. Hard to beat.

swamptrashstompboxes":173awebe said:
jasonP":173awebe said:

Which T-75's though? I would agree if they are Chinese.

I am almost positive they are older UK built ones.

Never understood the hate either. They mix extremely well with V30s. Greenbacks, V30s and 75s are all you need for great hard rock/metal tones IMO.

D-Rock":2g6hg2eo said:
I can sure make them sound good, not sure what to say to those who can't...

i guess people that hate them play blues or jazz and are on boards like tgp with boutique class a amps or something, nothing wrong with that either

i love them for hi gain over any v30 variant, those sounds nasal to me

I love them, I have a 1984 Marshall cab with early vented G12T-75s, dated May 1st/84.
BUT, I like them because they sound really good in-the-room/live. Recorded I don’t think they sound that great. Greenbacks or v30s are better for that depending on your type of music.
Everyone brings up Yngwie, but I don’t hear that sound until his Odyssey album (and we can probably agree his first three albums sounded way better, but I have no idea the speakers used for them.)
When I’ve done some test recordings of them, it sounds really close to the Odyssey album.
Sounds a bit dated recorded, but in-the-room sound, I’m completely satisfied with them and I’ve gone through a lot of v30 cabs.

jabps":3bg6210i said:
atrox":3bg6210i said:
People who hate G12T-75's never cranked one through a Marshall. They have relatively flat mid's (not scooped) and you need some power behind them, but they are a great speaker.

Unfortunately, at low volumes, they can be a little ice-pick'ish

Yep, totally agree.

I became a fane when I had my jvm 410, it sounded incredible with t 75's. G12 T75's need to be made in the UK, broken in, and loud. :rock: :rock: :rock:

I've got two of them (the current model) paired with Creamback H75s in the Splawn 4x12 pictured in my Avatar. T75s up top H75s on the bottom , sounds killer for gained up hard rock and I do crank it up pretty loud

I have a Mojotone 4x12 I put WGS Invaders in and it's just not doing it for me. I so love the sound of the G12Hs in my 1960AHW cab. But they're rated too low for 100w heads. I don't know how I'd ever sell off four WGS Invaders, but I might just do it in favor of a set of vented 75s.

Back