Inflated used prices coming down?

Hey all. Not sure if this is the board to post, but is it me, or is a lot of the over inflated prices and inventory on the used market coming down a bit? Ex: Pre Covid you could find an EVH 5150 III 50w EL34 for $600-$700, now hovering around a grand. I have sold and bought used Ibanez Prestige guitars all day long for $700, now those same guitars are up to $1200. I think there’s a difference between supply and demand; and what is realistic. Thoughts?

Some people are going back to work. The time they spent "learning" to play guitar is no longer there,and many realized how time consuming it is to become good. Now they are considering selling their stuff and taking up a simpler hobby like hopscotch (which is more fun if you use real scotch).
I’ve played that. Get fucked up on scotch, stub toe on coffee table, hop to get more scotch, repeat…

Hey all. Not sure if this is the board to post, but is it me, or is a lot of the over inflated prices and inventory on the used market coming down a bit? Ex: Pre Covid you could find an EVH 5150 III 50w EL34 for $600-$700, now hovering around a grand. I have sold and bought used Ibanez Prestige guitars all day long for $700, now those same guitars are up to $1200. I think there’s a difference between supply and demand; and what is realistic. Thoughts?
I hope so. I’ve always given a deal to anyone that’s asked. Used price gouging is silly, but I do understand that some people want to capitalize and get one up where they can…I just won’t/can’t buy. I sold my Mark IV last year for an appropriate $1300. It was in lovely condition and had been hovering in the $800-$1400 price point for years. Pffft, not no mo.’

Eventually people will (or are going to) start seeing their listings sit and collect dust until they come to a more realistic sales ideal.

I worked in music retail for 20 years, and just kind of chuckle at the crazy overinflated used prices. Want the prices to come down? Stop buying them. Simple as that. Things ebb and flow. People who are buying Mesa Mark III's and IV's for north of 2k now are going to be upside down on them next year. Just wait i
I worked in music retail for 20 years, and just kind of chuckle at the crazy overinflated used prices. Want the prices to come down? Stop buying them. Simple as that. Things ebb and flow. People who are buying Mesa Mark III's and IV's for north of 2k now are going to be upside down on them next year. Just wait it out.
Did 10 years in retail and agree 100% sir. If people stop feeding the machine those prices will come back down to realistic numbers. It’s not only the law of economics, but headed for another recession and the holidays people will think-hopefully- about listing their gear at ridiculous prices

I think the music gear market got over saturated. I expect it to revert to some degree but I don't know when. Altho I do think it has somewhat already started to revert. It seems like only rare/desirables are commanding the high prices now, like Mesa Mk series and old Marshalls. Cheap stuff looks relatively cheap to me.

Just wait for what's next...the crash u think is a rumor will be like nothing any of us can imagine.

Back