Insomnia / odd sleep patterns - anyone else?

Ever since I met my narcissistic psychotic ex 2 years ago, my sleep pattern went from 8 hrs+ everynight to no more than 6 hrs every night.

Still to this day I cannot for the life of me get more than 6 hrs...and I live alone, by myself with all the time and freedom one can have.

Same thing happened to my best buddy. Same "diagnosis" too.

His narcissistic, psychotic missus enters the picture and now he sleeps a fraction of the time he did previously.

At one time, I had a very bad dream that lasted about 5 hours. It was probably related to work overload. Before that, I tried to overcome it in various ways. Sleeping pills from Canada Drugs helped me the most. Sport, of course, also had a good effect, as I was very tired and wanted to rest a lot in the evening. After some time it passed when the work stabilized

Last edited:
After I turned 60 (64 now) I started waking up very early. Usually around 2AM-3AM. I can't explain it and haven't given much thought as to why. Also, I only sleep 4 to 5hrs a day. Anymore than that and I don't feel right.

Been a max-3-hour dude since I was 8 years old, brought on by heavy-metal poisoning.

Still the case after nearly 50 years. :LOL:

Mercury, lead, cadmium, arsenic and antimony. "Coincidentally", all the metals found in batteries of yesteryear. Long story.

It's rare I get 3 hours, but it is the maximum. 1 hour last night, which is typical.

Oh man. I used to sleep horrifically. I would sleep a total of 3 or 4 hours and would wake a number of time during the night. I kind of got used to it but ended up drinking a lot of coffee. I just accepted that this was my fate, to become an irritable zombie man.

But then, something miraculous happened. They ran all sorts of tests on me often because in the past I had a car accident. Eventually they checked my testosterone levels and discovered they were very low. I am talking very, very low. But of course, I was still very manly and powerful. Anyhow, my doctor sent me to an endocrinologist and he confirmed the diagnosis that i was now creeping into the territory of androgyny boy.

So I was prescribed testosterone and because I was already so manly and powerful despite entering the realm of androgyny boy, it in fact made some differences in my life for the better.

After just a couple weeks I was sleeping like a baby for the first time in many, many years. I went from 3 or 4 hours of poor sleep to 6 to 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep and waking up rested.

On top of that, my memory is sharper. My mind is much more clear than the garbled and confused mess it was. My endurance and recovery time have also improved. And my libido came back to life taking me firmly out of the realm of androgyny boy.

I was turning into a shapeless, sexless creature and it was disgusting. Every time I looked in the mirror I became intensely offended at what I saw and was shocked that it was actually me. I was baffled because I still exercised. My doctors said that it could be from suffering a severe head injury. Sometimes a brain injury can shut off or drastically reduce T production. Whatever the case it’s a huge relief to feel normal again.

Anyone who is sleeping like shit should get their T levels checked. My doctors said it’s one of the main symptoms of T that’s too low. It’s worth getting checked because I would have gone to any length to sleep
Normal or close to it again.

Unreal. This and your post in the other thread tell me we have an awful lot in common man.

My heavy-metal poisoning stuffed up my T production many decades ago. Same symptoms as you. Been thinking about T supplementation for a long time...

Unreal. This and your post in the other thread tell me we have an awful lot in common man.

My heavy-metal poisoning stuffed up my T production many decades ago. Same symptoms as you. Been thinking about T supplementation for a long time...
It’s worth looking into. You just have to find a good endocrinologist who is up to date on all the new information. There is a good book written by an endocrinologist from Harvard. He dispels all the rumors and false information floating around out there. Before I took it I heard from people I knew, “hey, that could and most likely will give you prostate cancer!” The endocrinologist from Harvard prescribed it to men over 40 years and they had a lower prostate cancer rate than the general population. Other rumors were that it messes with your heart. How odd, all my numbers are better than ever. I bruised my heart in my car accident so they have always closely monitored it and it’s healthier than ever. If used the right way, with a doctor who is up to date on it, it’s great. Most doctors will do a test if you ask. At Quest(local blood testing site), if you look at their test result info, it says normal T levels are 200 - 1000. That’s absolutely preposterous. If you are at 200 you are so beyond low it’s crazy. That’s literally a 90 year old man’s levels. Yet docs will say, “well, you fall in the normal range, you are good.” If you are at 200, your system is not running anywhere near optimally. When taken correct and you bring your T level to that of a healthy man of your age, it makes a big difference. T regulates a man’s entire system. It interacts with many parts of a man’s system and causes many changes for the better. You just have to find an endocrinologist that is up to date.

I have a friend that wanted to look into it. He went to his regular doctor and the guy gave him some. He told me a month and a half later what the guy prescribed him and I was shocked. My T levels were ridiculously low. My friends were about 4 times higher than mine were pre T. Yet, his doctor was giving him 3x what I was taking!!!!!! I was like, “whoa guy!!!!! How do you feel?” He said he felt pretty good but still wasn’t sleeping better. He said his libido was off the charts and he was prone to anger. I was like, “your levels must be OFF THE CHARTS!!!” His last test, it turns out came back at 1700!!!!!!! That’s like animalistic body builder levels suffering from roid rage!! I told him to go see an endocrinologist and work with one up to date on T. If he continued on like that I don’t know what would happen.

It’s important they do blood work often when first starting so they can dial
In the exact correct dose for you. It took my guy a few changes over the first month or month and a half. And these were little changes because the guy knew what he was doing. I started sleeping normal again after just a couple weeks. It was truly amazing. Waking up rested, whoa……

I'll give you a free injection of T...I'm here for you bro....

Ha! Thanks Stoivo. :LOL:

Yeah, I hear ya mooncobra; that fits with what I've heard. Thanks mate.

Might be tricky to find someone local 'cause I don't have transport. Repeated visits and all that. Plus, I'm being forced to move and don't know where I'll end up; my fate is in the stars, so to speak, but I'm not gonna forget to give this a big look-in. Thanks again mate.

Back