Is this for real? (Reverb Charvel CS Listing)

Rdodson

https://reverb.com/item/15434801-charvel-san-dimas-custom-shop-2005-cherry-sunburst

auztgqcvx5gczryhrmmd.jpg

Looks legit to me and checks out from a google search on the back plate.

Of course I cannot guarantee it is a copy or a real plate put on another guitar. I have no idea what options the CS offered in 2005 but the neck sure looks like the real deal to me.

Would be worth every penny IMO but I have seen some of the reissues go for less.

There’s a partial list floating around somewhere of the neck plates/serial numbers for those reissues, and if your guitar is on the list there should be a picture attached to it.

Bought mine used, was cool to see it on there and see a pic of it new. Check Maddnotez’s threads, last time I saw it it popped up when he was looking for one. It’d be some sort of provenance at any rate.

I love this guitar man, and I know MN does too, if it’s legit they’re fantastic players and I paid more than that for mine.

Steinmetzify":1rtiuuox said:
There’s a partial list floating around somewhere of the neck plates/serial numbers for those reissues, and if your guitar is on the list there should be a picture attached to it.

Bought mine used, was cool to see it on there and see a pic of it new. Check Maddnotez’s threads, last time I saw it it popped up when he was looking for one. It’d be some sort of provenance at any rate.

I love this guitar man, and I know MN does too, if it’s legit they’re fantastic players and I paid more than that for mine.

http://weber.de1.cc/charvel/

This serial is not on there but neither is mine. Not an inclusive list but you can see how the serial # is right in line with these 2005 reissues but the bridge and body is perhaps what makes it a CS? Not sure what all the options were on the reissues vs the CS.

Edit: looks just like 6477, even same bridge. My guess is that it is a 2005 reissue which is what I am told the same exact thing as a custom shop without the title.

Same shop, same materials and specs, same Luthiers.

Looks pretty legit to me. Not sure why someone would try to fake something relatively "Plane Jane", albeit cool.

psychodave":qhpqa0zk said:
Looks legit.

That neck looks nasty. lol. Frets might be worn a bit.

Ehh. Nearly a 14 year old guitar with a maple board. Looks in great shape and played. Still has another 10 years on those frets. :rock:

I’ve thought about this and been watching it. Those are pretty thin necks compared to my other Charvels. That’s the only thing holding me back. Great deal

Back