Is this SRV strat Brazilian rosewood?

I dont care,I cant hear for shit, played in clubs when you played loud. When I play at home 100 watt nmv on 10 just another day. My high end hearing is completely gone.

I hear ya. :ROFLMAO:

My right ear is worse than my left.
Probably because I always stood to the left of the drummer - all the cymbals smashes I figure.

OK.
Now I'm gonna call BS on this one.
Hearing a difference between Brazilian and Indian rosewood?

Come on now.
Clearly you are ignorant. So why try to school those who have actual experience making, owning and testing various guitars with CONFIRMED Brazilian Rosewood.. Braz is lively just tapping the board before you mount it you can hear a difference. There is just something about it.

Braz is lively just tapping the board before you mount it you can hear a difference.

You said nothing about tap toning the individual pieces of wood.
My bad to assume you meant by playing two guitars blind.

I would still call BS on anyone who says they can feel/hear a difference
between the two in a blind test.

Not ignorant, just misunderstood your previous statement.

I've seen people having issues with the high E string slipping off the neck towards the 12th fret or so... there milling was off...

Clearly you are ignorant. So why try to school those who have actual experience making, owning and testing various guitars with CONFIRMED Brazilian Rosewood.. Braz is lively just tapping the board before you mount it you can hear a difference. There is just something about it.
Absolutely. I’ve tap tested many blanks and played quite a few custom guitars with Brazilian. I’d go so far as to say there is almost as much difference between Brazilian and Indian RW (much darker, subdued) as there is between RW in general and other fretboard tone woods. Brazilian has increased articulation and high end sparkle that is absent in Indian RW. A good, resonant guitar with a thin finish is ideal to hear the difference and thick polyester finishes, or even a somewhat dead sounding guitar for example would surely dampen some of the benefits. All tone wood matters!

fender-cities-fretboard-comparison.jpg

That’s a good pic of the different woods. It pretty much confirms that mine is Brazilian. You can see the exact same contrast in my photos in original post.

Clear as can be to me.

dGvR0o6l.jpg

More rubbish. There is another guy in my area trying to palm off a Pau Ferro SRV Strat as Brazilian so I did a google search looking for where people get material to substantiate their delusion and found this thread. I registered and posted my understanding and experience. Maybe the delusion is honest but it is stoked by the lust for $$$ or at least increased value of their guitar. Everyone likes a good deal but when it ends being a bad deal for a buyer down the track well that's another story.

There is NOTHINg absurd about what I wrote. What is absurd is people palming Pau Ferro off as Brazilian with zero evidence from the actual manufacturer

Yeah, the accusations are so absurd, it's obvious he's looking for a reaction. This thread is two years old. And he signs up yesterday to post this.
He’s a knob that goes everywhere to try and discredit anyone that has a BRW SRV

All SRV Strats sold as having Brazilian have been sold fraudulently. I have never seen one that looks like the Brazilian pores neither have I seen any verification from Fender that they ever made SRV's with Brazilian. I have some vintage Fenders, Gibsons and later CS ones with verified Brazilian. You can't trust Eddie Vegas or his presumably drunk or corrupt luthier mates. His supposed verified Brazilian looks close to the swirls to Braz stump wood but again lacks the correct shape and number and type of pores that real Brazilian has. The one you sold was also sold fraudulently.
Owned since new and this is part of my case candy clearly states brw fb
Case closed
98A816CA-A2BF-46DE-949B-124E9EDA9925.jpeg

I'm far from a Fender Stratocaster connoisseur but the best sounding bolt on strat (Fender, Anderson, Suhr or anything else) I've ever tried was an early 90's Fender SRV Strat. Huge sounding with amazingly rich overtones. I've also tried one or two vintage 1960's Strats that were very nice but that particular SRV blew them away.

Case closed
View attachment 116674
At last, i own a beautiful march 28th 1992 srv signature bran new and received it only last week.
The talk re which wood the fret board is made out of, honestly. Now this leaflet you have that came
in your candy case caught both my eyes, nobody that harps on and on about there's has a Brazilian
fret board has this piece of paper you have, i asked. Thanks for filling in a huge gap, as you say case
closed.

Case closed
View attachment 116674
Absolute garbage! That is a sales photoshop job by somone who own's a PF fingerboard that looks somewhat like Braz RW scamming people. Show even one verifiable statement from Fender themselves on a Fender letterhead or on teh Fender website from an admin that they made even one SRV Strat with Brazilian Rosewood. You can't . Why? Because it never happened. All Brazilian Rosewood is certified and documented. I own Fnder Strats with certified Braz RW and a statement from Fender but none of them are SRV Strats.

Back