James Hetfield and his Marshall’s used on Black Album to restore lost frequencies

Techdeth

RESIDENT ROCK PROFESSOR
577A65B2-C084-4C4F-8B2A-9EF3C4D9A86D.jpeg

I love the black album tone . But on riffs like through the never you can definitely hear the Marshall highs . Of wolf and man too

"Closely guarded secrets" :ROFLMAO:
What a load of tripe, just say that unlike Flemming Rasmussen, they didn't take detailed notes so can't remember everything about a tone tracked 30+ years ago.

I hope VESpedik doesn’t see that way back when the actual musicians and leading guitar magazine said Hetfield used a IIC++ . And to hang your hat on an aging Bob Rock saying it was a III. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Of COURSE everyone knows better than bob rock! Bob rock is an idiot! What in the world could that guy remember correctly!?!?

Of COURSE everyone knows better than bob rock! Bob rock is an idiot! What in the world could that guy remember correctly!?!?
Bob Rock is an Icon of the industry. Bob Rock is also over 70 yrs old. Bob Rock also said, in that Skype interview with Friedman that Sykes used V30s on the 87 WS album. V30s didn't exist at that time, in 85 when it was recorded. Bob Rock just might not remember things as accurately as he used to.
Just sayin.

I love the black album tone . But on riffs like through the never you can definitely hear the Marshall highs . Of wolf and man too
I find some of the tracks sound more like a Mark IV to me, so it's cool to see it actually got used on the album, and not just the demo like I previously thought. As far as the Marshall... I think it's more in the 2k range that you hear it. It's those upper mids that also get scooped out a bit when you bring the 750 way down like that. They could of remedied that by bringing the 2200 up a little but it wouldn't have been quite as natural sounding I think??

Bob Rock is an Icon of the industry. Bob Rock is also over 70 yrs old. Bob Rock also said, in that Skype interview with Friedman that Sykes used V30s on the 87 WS album. V30s didn't exist at that time, in 85 when it was recorded. Bob Rock just might not remember things as accurately as he used to.
Just sayin.
Couldn’t say it any better. I love Bob’s production. His memory is slipping a bit though. It happens. There’s a frailty in his voice that worries me…

I find some of the tracks sound more like a Mark IV to me, so it's cool to see it actually got used on the album, and not just the demo like I previously thought. As far as the Marshall... I think it's more in the 2k range that you hear it. It's those upper mids that also get scooped out a bit when you bring the 750 way down like that. They could of remedied that by bringing the 2200 up a little but it wouldn't have been quite as natural sounding I think??
Mark IV's are used a lot by Metallica. Mike B confirmed Hetfield's 2C++ has a Mark IV power transformer. :2thumbsup:

I'd love to find a mint Mark IV, but I refuse to pay these stupid prices they fetch.

That article sounds more like guesses than facts. I don’t know a lot about Marshall’s, but Bob’s “Asshole” Jose Marshall is not a JCM 800. I believe it’s a 70s Super Lead?

8F5111BE-F140-42AC-9370-3C711428E141.jpeg

Back