Jason Isbell Rig Rundown

tubortski

A good buddy turned me on to this guy. Really dig his latest records. He is actually a really good player. Kinda long RR but he does geek out, in a good way.

stickyfingers42":1tqdo9il said:
He is one the best singer song writers on the planet. Great player too.
Wasn't really familiar with his work and wasn't too impressed with that video so I YTd a few and have to respectfully disagree. He may be be a good writer but his voice flat out sucks.....

With great excitement and anticipation at the prospect of discovering new guitar driven music to enjoy I youtube'd Jason Isbell ..... only to discover :jerkit:

Findthetone1":3lrewrzr said:
stickyfingers42":3lrewrzr said:
Wasn't really familiar with his work and wasn't too impressed with that video so I YTd a few and have to respectfully disagree. He may be be a good writer but his voice flat out sucks.....

I'm having a hard time understanding what exactly you object to in his voice.

The guy doing this rundown is terrible. They need to get somebody else to do them and replace this guy. He is by far the worst one doing them.

Oblivion DC":1g7u1knx said:
Findthetone1":1g7u1knx said:
stickyfingers42":1g7u1knx said:

I'm having a hard time understanding what exactly you object to in his voice.
Ok maybe saying he sucks is harsh but it sounds like he tries to sing past his range too much and is out of key. His softer singing voice isn't really that special.

But guys, that's just me. If YOU like him then great. There's enough music in the world to keep us all happy yeah?

It doesn't seem like you noticed, but he's a country singer. It's a genre built on songwriting, not clinically impressive vocal abilities.

Spaceboy":29avxixt said:
It doesn't seem like you noticed, but he's a country singer. It's a genre built on songwriting, not clinically impressive vocal abilities.
Lol. Okie dokie

paulyc":oga3o4tc said:
Hey now, wait a damned minute...Lynch doesn't use hairspray anymore !!! lol

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

But seriously, passing through Chicago recently, I stopped at the new Make'n Music. Pretty cool shop. Nice guy working there, didn't catch his name. Stocked Duesenburg guitars and Magnatone amps alongside Bogner Helios and Suhr gear. They had a Zerrer pedal at the time. Gotta get back and spend some time plugged in.

Back