Jcm2000 bias drift fix

Yup...Have a '98-100 with bias issue. Bought it in '09 from a doctor that hardly ever used it. Was my main gigging amp for 5 years but slowly became bias unstable. Shut it off for 8 years and tried to sell a few times without success. It was the 1st question every perspective buyer asked. Replaced the board 1 year ago. My amp now roars once again biased at 74ma. I've had it as low as 68ma but sounded cold and lifeless. Be careful with those cheap nylon bias pots as they mangle easy. Those early DSL's up to '04 are the most susceptible however the best sounding when dialed in.

Yup...Have a '98-100 with bias issue. Bought it in '09 from a doctor that hardly ever used it. Was my main gigging amp for 5 years but slowly became bias unstable. Shut it off for 8 years and tried to sell a few times without success. It was the 1st question every perspective buyer asked. Replaced the board 1 year ago. My amp now roars once again biased at 74ma. I've had it as low as 68ma but sounded cold and lifeless. Be careful with those cheap nylon bias pots as they mangle easy. Those early DSL's up to '04 are the most susceptible however the best sounding when dialed in.
Where did you get the board

Agree, great amp when dialed in. If I get mine going I’ll definitely try a bias a little hotter.

Back