JJ Jr load question - straight to cab sim?

MxLx

Maybe a stupid question, but I can't seem to find an answer. With the JJ Jr's internal load, can I go from the speaker out straight to a cab simulator, or do I need to use a loadbox/IR combo? I know it has the built-in cab sim, but I'd like to be able to use different IRs.

You did, thanks!

In case anyone here is wondering, here's the answer:

"if you don't use the use first jack there will be a load. So if you come out of the other speaker jack to feed the box then you are good. Again have nothing plugged into the use first speaker jack.. Use the other speaker jack to feed your IR box."

MxLx, have you tried this out? I'm wondering if the output from the second speaker jack would be suitable to connect to an interface, or if it would be too high.

I never did try it. I wanted to send it to a Fractal FM3, so I went over to their forums to try to figure it out, too - everyone there either didn't understand my question, or told me that the info that I had was wrong. The FM3 has since been sold, and my JJ Jr is running through a Suhr RL IR ? Sounds great though, using the Ownhammer FMAN pack.

I forgot that this thread existed, but not about the info in it. To update - I’ve been sending the second jack (nothing plugged into the first) out to a Two Notes CAB M+, and it’s perfect. Unbelievably simple rig for headphones/recording/whatever. This is the best secret discovery ever, thanks Dave!

Back