KISS fans....come on in...

KISS was my first concert. I think it was ‘78 or ‘79

I was 12 or 13 and my mother took me. There was a whole group of guys who had probably about an ounce of weed packing bowls and passing it around. My mother tapped one guy on the shoulder and told him that she knew what that was and was going to tell the police.

I wish I could have crawled under the seat. So I told my mom I was thirsty. She went to get a drink and she left me and my brother to keep watching the show. While she was gone I told one of the guys I would keep her distracted. Then I asked to try their “pot”. The dude laughed and said something like “You‘ll have plenty of time for that little man”.

Good times.

Last edited:
Oh hell yeah! Huge fan. I still listen to them regularly. Fantastic collection of songs.

I'm sorry to have taken so long
It must have been a bitch while I was gone
You mind if I sit down for a while
You'll reacquaint yourself with my style

I can't understand why people hate Kiss .. they are the ultimate rock n roll band. I think Destroyer is a bit over rated though. Rock n roll over and Love gun are better albums IMO. Also 80's Kiss is VERY underrated , some great songs through out the 80's and Paul was singing his ass off in the period, plus Bruce is on fire when he joined... in fact he is hands down the best player Kiss had (but Ace was the "rock god" from an image/attitude point of view)

Yeah bro', Lick it Up had a great groove and yet met with derision at the time.

Peeps didn't appreciate what they had.

I can't understand why people hate Kiss .. they are the ultimate rock n roll band. I think Destroyer is a bit over rated though. Rock n roll over and Love gun are better albums IMO. Also 80's Kiss is VERY underrated , some great songs through out the 80's and Paul was singing his ass off in the period, plus Bruce is on fire when he joined... in fact he is hands down the best player Kiss had (but Ace was the "rock god" from an image/attitude point of view)
I respectfully disagree about Bruce being their best guitarist, that honor goes to the universally hated Vinnie Vincent. Vinnie could play anything, was a great writer and a pretty decent singer. Creatures and LIU are my two favorite Kiss albums.

Another Kiss fan here; I can appreciate some of their 80's stuff, that lots of folks consider cheesy. "Tears are falling" for instance.
Black Diamond is probably one of my faves, next to Deuce. And I too, like @sytharnia1560 , appreciate Ace's attitude and style, way moreso than sour puss/business-savvy Gene. Especially Ace's high, hysterical laugh gets to me.:p:ROFLMAO:

What surprised me, after buying Sonic Boom years ago, that they didn't sue Bruno Mars for the 'Grenade' song's 'yeah yeah yeah', which are the same words AND chord progression as Kiss's "Say Yeah" on that record. Loved "Danger Us" and "Never Enough" so much. I couldn't for the live of me understand why they played "Modern Day Delilah" at more recent shows over "Never Enough", which was way more in that quintessential 70's Kiss arena rock style. Seen them live a few times, loved it.

I respectfully disagree about Bruce being their best guitarist, that honor goes to the universally hated Vinnie Vincent. Vinnie could play anything, was a great writer and a pretty decent singer. Creatures and LIU are my two favorite Kiss albums.
I find Vinnies' soloing cringe worthy on those 2 albums and even worse on the Invasion albums ... I agree though he is a fantastic songwriter

Cheesy as it was. Some my greatest MTV moments. Tears are falling And Heavens on fire. 😎
Junior High school moments. Both them songs still in rotation my truck. Little nostalgia ...
But just GREAT TUNES!!
Agreed! Video for Thrills in the Night too!🤘

I find Vinnies' soloing cringe worthy on those 2 albums and even worse on the Invasion albums ... I agree though he is a fantastic songwriter
The problem is Vinnie was controlled on the two Kiss albums, and he was TOO free on his own solo stuff and I agree, the soloing is cringe worthy on his Invasion stuff. But I’ve heard demos of some Warrior tunes where he’s killing it, sort of between the simple style on Creatures ad LIU, and the over the top jizz fest of Invasion.

As a longtime Kiss fan, dating all the way back to Alive, COTN is my favorite album. Basically love everything about it. Also like LIU as well and agree, VV was their best guitarist and a good writer. Sadly VV didn't realize this himself as a restrained VV is damn good, not when he's puking notes. Several of the tunes on the first Invasion album were intended for Kiss, they would have made better Kiss songs. In the end IMO, Vinnie needed them more than they needed him because they moved right along without him.

As a live act, I've seen them too many times to count dating back to the Love Gun era (and multiple times in each decade since) which obviously that stage show is sorta the pinnacle of stage shows. But the COTN tour as a band with VV and Carr, they were a machine. Never heard them better live and really not close. Although the Revenge era live band was pretty damn good.

The thing is when a band releases as much recorded product as Kiss, some of it is going to blow. And as a longtime diehard fan I have no problem saying they've put out some stinkers. In fact to this day I refuse to buy Hot in the Shade, as a fan I had to put my foot down with that album. On the other hand, when their stuff is good, it's just great rock n roll.

Back