Had water come into my guitar room last weekend

Brent, I know you won't want to hear this but you should do a flood cut on those walls/floor moulding and get air recirculating behind there to dry out where they got wet and pull up all that carpet or you will be dealing with mold growing behind the paneling/drywall if it's drywall and or mold growing under the carpeting. There really is no way around this now that it's wet. You won't be able to see the mold and can cause sever sickness down the road. You have about 48 hours to get that wood paneling out to studs and carpet pulled out and air circulating behind there to start drying everything out.

If you have back up sewer and drain coverage maybe your insurance will cover calling a company like Serve Pro that will know exactly what needs to come out and get it done right. If not please look up water damaged buildings and mold sickness it's often overlooked. I've known people that had to demo their homes because the mold was so inset in the house for too many years and it happened to Ted Nugent as well and he had to demolish his MTV cribs house in Michigan because of it. I also have personal experience with this as well so I am sending you a warning now.



Sorry for such an analysis but it's an issue that you may want to address now before things get growing and it don't take much humidity to kick it off.

I’m gonna roll the dice. There’s no insulation behind the walls. I’m gonna let the fans roll for a while.
 
Damn, sorry to hear that dude, did it get a little damp or did you have water standing ? I would have to agree on at least pulling the carpet if you had substantial water.
Just wet. No standing water. And we were able to start sopping it up right away. So I’m gonna just keep fans rolling and pray for the best
 
Sorry this happened @BRENTrocks but glad it wasn't worse.

Thanks for sharing all the eye candy :lol:

Big question though is - where is your amp room?
Thanks dude!!! This is my guitar/amp room…nothing fancy. lol. I also had water running in this window (the one above THE CULT poster)


IMG_2730.jpeg
IMG_2729.jpeg
 
You can probably get one of the automotive inspection cameras and go in through a small hole to get a peek behind the finished walls.
 
I’m gonna roll the dice. There’s no insulation behind the walls. I’m gonna let the fans roll for a while.
I wish you better luck than I had. Just trying to save you further heartache down the road.:yes:

For future reference Ammonia 1-2 cups to 1-2 gallons of water will kill mold as well as a botanical product called Bioesque botanical disinfectant and fungicide.
 
I can’t afford new carpet. I’m gonna do my best to dry it out and clean it up.
Brent at a bare minimum I would strongly recommend removing all that carpet as I really don't think you will be able to remove the moisture fast enough. A lot of people approach water damage with the attitude, "Oh it's just water...It will dry out" then later on they are paying a very expensive Mold Remediation project(much more that carpeting), if they are even able to completely remediate the mold from the house once mold has a foothold.

I had the same attitude as well and I learned the extremely hard way. Best of luck Brent I hope you can succeed.:2thumbsup:
 

Similar threads

Back
Top