Marshall Guv'nor pedal

blackba":9d9pqn41 said:
I used to have an original Marshall Guv'nor, should have never have sold that pedal.

Thinking of making a GGG clone or getting one of these: http://www.wilsoneffects.com/SparklingBlue.html

Anyone have a Guv'nor or used to have a guv'nor (talking about the black one here, not the newer guv2)

YEP!

Attachments

• IMG_0287.jpg
    IMG_0287.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5,575
blackba":29hopfii said:
^ That Guv'nor looks well used :)

Do you still use it?

Yes it was my main pedal for a long time back in the early 90's. I do use on occasion, but not much. Its pretty beat up, some of the pots are scratchy so I need to probably take care of that. too much liquids have spilled on it. ; )

70strathead":2kbsjstl said:
blackba":2kbsjstl said:

Do you still use it?

Yes it was my main pedal for a long time back in the early 90's. I do use on occasion, but not much. Its pretty beat up, some of the pots are scratchy so I need to probably take care of that. too much liquids have spilled on it. ; )
What's your go to pedal (if any) these days?

I had one of the origonal gvnors, I loaned it to one of 4 people and forgot who it was....
strangely enough, none of them have it... :doh: :doh: :doh:
It was noticably better than the newer ones, it was thicker and richer sounding
dammit

rupe":18zfb1ey said:
70strathead":18zfb1ey said:
blackba":18zfb1ey said:

Do you still use it?

What's your go to pedal (if any) these days?

Lately its been the Cusak V2 Screamer and YJM 308 DOD 250..believe it or not I'm digging the stock cheap YJM DOD 308 more than the original DOD grey which I plan on selling.

I had one. Used to run it into my old OR120. It was set up for more of a crunch tone and then for leads I'd add a TS-5 tubescreamer. Great sound. Wish I had one to try with my Hiwatt.

thenine":39p8i8ln said:
looks alot like the old Shredmaster
There were three different pedals....Bluesmaster I think...Guv'nor and Shredmaster.

The Guvnor was the middle of the road gain wise.

Considering I want the amp to do most of the work tone wise.. I have no interest in a 400$ clone. I also use my YJM 308 modded to Grey specs or a bad monkey. My two faves. Seriously! Cusak screamer I'd love to try.

I have one- absolutely love it! Great, crunchy overdrive.

Also had it's successor, the Drivemaster (fit in between the Bluesmaster and Shredmaster)- Guv'nor sounded quite a bit better- thicker and not as harsh.

Look up Lugo's pedal shoot out, my Guv'nor is in it and sounds purty.

overthemountain":2rqj3ovp said:
I have one- absolutely love it! Great, crunchy overdrive.

Also had it's successor, the Drivemaster (fit in between the Bluesmaster and Shredmaster)- Guv'nor sounded quite a bit better- thicker and not as harsh.

Look up Lugo's pedal shoot out, my Guv'nor is in it and sounds purty.

I used to have a Drivemaster and a Guv'nor and I agree the Guv'nor sounded better. Aparently there is not much difference circuit wise between the Guv'nor and Drivemaster. I wish I wouldn't have sold my Guv'nor. :(

I will check out Lugo's pedal shootout.

If I am correct, It was Gary Moores go to pedal and Ive hear that there is absolutely no comparison between the old and the new one, the old one SMOKES it....

Back