What cheap tube amps do you like?

UK Dsl 100 was under 1K
It's all I play now. My Vs100 Valvestate was about $300. Have some peaveys that I dont play much anymore that were all under $600

I recently grabbed 2 VS100Hs for around $300 each. Love those amps. I would love to find an 8100 to compare.
 
  • Like
Reactions: rsm
I know the Valveking 100w is Chinese crap but I think many would be hard pressed to tell the difference between it and a 6505 side by side
 
  • Like
Reactions: rsm
I missed the “tube” part of the question when I listed Randall RH100 earlier.

The Madison Divinity was a great sounding amp, ran so hot though it scared me.
Other than that I think the cheapest I’ve tried is the KSR PA50 lunchbox Power Amp (bought used for around $600) paired with distortion pedals.
 
Those Randall amps are sweet for the heavies. Diavlo I believe. I had the mini one and I loved it….
 
  • Like
Reactions: rsm
I got a '82 4104 in need of a little servicing for ~1000$. More commonly available, the Peavey VK100's don't sound half bad with a few mods, those amps pop up used for around 200-400$.
 
Several amps made by THD can be found at very reasonable prices. I prefer these over any amp vintage or modern amp at any price. Build quality is top notch. These are used. THD has not made amps for about 15 years. If your preference is preamp distortion over poweramp overdrive these might not be for you.

Univalve 15
Bivalve 30
Flexi 50
 
I've had a bunch of cheap amps over the years. I still have a Bugera 6262 Infinium, which does a pretty damn good 5150 impression. I never play it, but it does sound great. :ROFLMAO:
 
  • Like
Reactions: rsm
My favorite cheap one is a Crate Stealth. This is my combo that I converted to a head.

1791571869734.png
 
Back
Top