Marshall YJM100 vid

JTyson":37cicjxy said:
I thought it sounded pretty good, I bet it cuts like a knife in a band setting
I will wait for a better vid before I decide
They should have YJM playing it at NAMM, that guy dosent do that thing any favors :LOL: :LOL:
I agree YJM should be playing and demo the amp

I thought it sounded pretty darn good without the boost. reminded me of a 71' Super Lead . It had a organic warm crunch too it vs. that annoying high gain preamp fizz. Hard to tell entirely though unless you're in the room. I bet Eddie Van Halen and Yngwie Malmsteen would make it sound tremendous. It doesnt sound like a DOD type of boost either, it seemed much tighter on the bottom than what the DOD does. who knows, id love to try one out some day

I'm pleasantly surprised. I thought it sounded good w/out the boost & really good once the boost kicked in. You can't be certain whether it will hang with the killer Marshall mod amps available by this clip, but if I'd venture a guess I'd say if they don't have a competitor here they at least seem to be moving in the right direction. It's got some pretty cool features too. I like the attenuator idea.

I can tell you it sounds better in person than it does on that video. That being said, I didn't really like it any more than my amps with a Tubescreamer.

w0w , i am n0t really a Malmsteen fan but I th0ught they inc0rp0rated s0me c00l ideas and it s0unded nice. I think the b00st s0unded awes0me and it definately didnt s0und like a simple d0d b00ster built int0 the amp as it s0unded much m0re 0rganic , I didnt hear that transist0r s0und as I expected when I heard that marshall were inc0rp0rating a b00st in the back. Its an0ther way that marshall can rec0up s0me 0f the m0ney they put int0 r&d f0r the afd amp. I w0nder if malmsteen will give up his plexis and play this new 0ne live 0r just have them as pr0ps 0n stage??

Inca Roads":tnvmpwuf said:
Sounds Good to me, Aggressive, Open Marshall Tone.
Tone probably isn't much different than the AFD Marshall,
but has much more features.
His Mic. placement on the cab Sucks, I would've
taken the time to set it better for an Amp Demo.

Yo Inca,

That Zappa/Toyota thing cracks me up every time I see it. :LOL: :LOL: RIP Frank :rock:

Back