Mesa Boogie Mark in a Pedal ?

FUZZboat

ThrottleBoxEQ-large.jpg

but seriously this is an obvious response to bogner pedals

and for $299 it should sound aleast halfway decent !

I tried the original throttle box into a Dual Rec halfstack. On the clean channel, of course :D
Granted, I didn't play it loud, but I didn't like it.
I fould it either too dry and not enough saturated, or too grainy.

I wish there was a pedal that sounded like the old Mark series, I had a few of them back in the day, they really only have one good distorted tone, but it is really good.

FUZZboat":3t21ew05 said:

But Mesa has been making pedals for years now. What Mesa should do is make better sounding amps then they wouldnt have to bother making pedals.

guitarpete":32y1oq01 said:
I wish there was a pedal that sounded like the old Mark series, I had a few of them back in the day, they really only have one good distorted tone, but it is really good.

I guess we all have to continue wishing for an old Mark in a pedal

danyeo":3q6j1eew said:
FUZZboat":3q6j1eew said:

But Mesa has been making pedals for years now. What Mesa should do is make better sounding amps then they wouldnt have to bother making pedals.

The pedal market is very crowded, but it's also an easy way to expand for amp companies. Tones of amp companies making pedals now, like rivera, bogner, jet city, Mesa, egnator, etc....

blackba":25xi2dju said:
danyeo":25xi2dju said:
FUZZboat":25xi2dju said:

The pedal market is very crowded, but it's also an easy way to expand for amp companies. Tones of amp companies making pedals now, like rivera, bogner, jet city, Mesa, egnator, etc....

You ain't kidding! Seems like 10 new pedals every week. Marshall should reissue the original Guv'nor and Shredmaster, they'd probably make a fortune..

danyeo":126vd08c said:
But Bogner has been making pedals for years now. What Bogner should do is make better sounding amps then they wouldnt have to bother making pedals.

Fixed.

$300? Thats basically half way towards just buying a vintage mark 3 and actually having something worth owning, rather than a stupid pedal.

Skrapmetal":3h35qbsi said:
The demo sounds like a bad fuzz pedal or something. I don't know... it didn't sound good.

yuck! I can't believe Boogie thinks this sounds good, the problem is when you have a pedal with a lot of gain and a lot of bottom end hitting the front end of an amp it's going to get ugly and fuzzy sounding but not good fuzz.

Am I the only one who finds it rather retarded to have little sliders on a pedal? Pedalboards in live situations are usually in dark combative places....and there's no way I wouldn't mess those settings up all the time.

I am a huge Mesa/Boogie fan. My main amp is a Mesa Electra Dyne and I think it's one of the best sounding amps ever, but I don't get the pedals. I don't like the sound of any of the demos. It's just an obvious attempt to grab their part of the market share.

UltraGary":93uhkqg4 said:
Am I the only one who finds it rather retarded to have little sliders on a pedal? Pedalboards in live situations are usually in dark combative places....and there's no way I wouldn't mess those settings up all the time.

I assume that is what the metal bar under the sliders is for. Looks like it would help with that quite a bit.

Now, if it could only help the tone...

Back