Mesa Boogie

The III is the king to me
A lot of people say that but I prefer the IV for what I play. I had a red stripe from '87 and it sure as hell sounded like 1987. I could not dial that mid character out of it. I can definitely see why hair metal guys like them. All that said, it served me well for the 5 years I owned it. I played many shows with the III.

A lot of people say that but I prefer the IV for what I play. I had a red stripe from '87 and it sure as hell sounded like 1987. I could not dial that mid character out of it. I can definitely see why hair metal guys like them. All that said, it served me well for the 5 years I owned it. I played many shows with the III.
Mines a green stripe 3++ so I’m not sure about the red stripe . But I love mk 4 too but did sell it .

Many Boogies over the years. Bold = still have:

Amps:
Blue Angel (3), CA Tweed, DC-3, Mark I HRG, Mark IIA SRG, Mark IIB HRG, Mark IIB+ HRG, Mark IIB KRG, Mark IIB>C+/++ DRG, Mark IIC H, Mark IIC+ DRX, Mark IIC+ DRG, Mark IIC+ SRG, Mark IIC+ HRG, Mark IIC+/++ KRG, Mark IV A, Mark IV B (2), TA-30

Cabs:
Hardwood Thiele 1x12, Tolex Thiele 1x12 (3), Vert Recto 2x12, Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Metal Grille Halfback 4x12
Impressive collection bro ! You got great taste my friend.

I have a 3++ black stripe (100 PT) I might unleash (selling) into the world shortly. Let me know if interested
I put a PT100 in a black stripe DRG once. I've heard of one other. There can't be too many of these out there! S/N 1536X.

Why? I had the BS with the PT105, and also had a IIC+ upgrade with the PT100. Of course the internet says the 105 is superior so I had to try it for myself in the same amp so I'd know. How did it end up? Well, with the BS I'm not sure I could tell a difference. With the C+ I think it actually was better before the swap. At least it ended up worth more! It's just another point in my "if it sounds great don't fuck with it" experience.

I put a PT100 in a black stripe DRG once. I've heard of one other. There can't be too many of these out there! S/N 1536X.

Why? I had the BS with the PT105, and also had a IIC+ upgrade with the PT100. Of course the internet says the 105 is superior so I had to try it for myself in the same amp so I'd know. How did it end up? Well, with the BS I'm not sure I could tell a difference. With the C+ I think it actually was better before the swap. At least it ended up worth more! It's just another point in my "if it sounds great don't fuck with it" experience.
100% agree with your with the “don’t fuck with it quote”. I don’t think there are many black stripe III with 100PT, it’s tight and gnarly. My III++ SN is: 1553X sounds amazing. Very close to IIC+ just a different feel to it. As per your Frankenstein… well at least you tried and put your mind at ease.

Yea the 105pt gets a lot of praise but the 100pt is also great. It’s faster, less sag and aggressive. Love it

i've got a Mini-Rec i traded a guy for my EVH 5153 EL34S combo.

at first i thought it was just OK.
then i was like, meh...i like marshall stuff better.
now...very quietly... i think, man this little amp sounds HUGE, even at low volumes. it cuts through everything. it takes boosts like a champ. it sounds good recorded, via iphone, or IR. it sounds good with greenbacks (cause that's all i've got really lol).

and i'm not a heavy music guy...i appreciate and respect the skillz it takes to lay down those heavy ass riffs, but i just can't do it...not in my dna. i'm just an old-school bluesy/rock guy...but it still sounds good. does Ac/dc and VH well...just an all around great amp.

and best i can tell...it is not a finnicky amp. i have yet to find a guitar or pickup that sounds bad with it.

so now i'm loving it and thinking maybe i should be a boogie guy and less of a marshall guy :p

Back