Ractifier Rev F
94 Trem-o-verb
98 Triple Rectifier
RoadKing V1
Lonestar
JP2C

412 Oversized
412 Traditional

I've had dual recto rev g, multiwatt, tremoverb and mark v . I still have tremoverb. One of my favorite amp.

Last edited:
Currently:

• Mark V 35 with oversized 1X12.
  • Mark IV with an old school metal grill 4X12

I've had
  • Triaxis 2:90 with an oversized recto straight cabinet
  • Mark V 90 watt
  • Dual Rectifier multi watt
  • JP2C
I'd like a dual/triple rec multi again in the future and may get rid of the Mark IV and get a Mark V 90 watt again.

Currently:

• Mark V 35 with oversized 1X12.
  • Mark IV with an old school metal grill 4X12

I've had
  • Triaxis 2:90 with an oversized recto straight cabinet
  • Mark V 90 watt
  • Dual Rectifier multi watt
  • JP2C
I'd like a dual/triple rec multi again in the future and may get rid of the Mark IV and get a Mark V 90 watt again.
Why would you get rid of a Mark IV for a Mark V?? Just for the crunch tones? Cause I think the IV's lead channel is much better.

giphy.gif

Have now

Mkiv Rev A
Thiele with EVM12L

7065826D-2B4A-47F6-85A8-3965C42BA33A.jpeg

Had

Mkiv Rev B
Dual Rec (revision unsure, i bought the amp from the UK Marshall rep for £700 after they’d finished looking around inside before they released their JCM2000 series)
Studio Pre

Why would you get rid of a Mark IV for a Mark V?? Just for the crunch tones? Cause I think the IV's lead channel is much better.

For simplicity and versatility. I agree with you that the Mark IV lead is better than the Mark IV mode on the Mark V, but the Mark V is still really good. I don't know if I'd actually do it, just something I've thought about. 😀

Currently:
Mark V:25 + 2x 1x12 Thiele cabs.
vertical 2x12 pre-recto cab.

Previous:
Mark IV Rev A
DC-5 Head

@jeff5 I totally get possibly swapping a Mark IV for a Mark V, if the Crunch mode is as good as it is on its little brother. I couldn't gel with the IV's Rhythm 2 crunch tone. Loved the clean and lead channels, but R2...meh.

Attachments

• Mesa Mini stack Thiele.jpg
    Mesa Mini stack Thiele.jpg
    419.4 KB · Views: 22
I used to have a Mark IIC+ that I converted from a combo to a dark red Boogie headshell and sold 20 years or so ago on eBay. Wished I could traack that one down…

Owned/Sold:
Mark IV
Mark IIC+
Triaxis x 2
2:90

Would like to have a Tremoverb one day; have played a ton of them but never owned one.

The VTwin rack is really cool—don’t see a lot of those. I like how you can blend the clean and dirty channels on those

I have a 2 channel dual rectifier - serial number R0063, a 22 caliber + combo, and a 2/90 power amp. Owned, and used a mark 4 along with a classic metal grille 4x12 cab for well over a decade.

Mark IV A combo (gonna build a head shell for it when I have time)
Dual Recto 3 channel
Express 5:50+ combo
Recto vertical 2x12

Really want to add a halfback 4x12.

I have a 2 channel dual rectifier - serial number R0063, a 22 caliber + combo, and a 2/90 power amp. Owned, and used a mark 4 along with a classic metal grille 4x12 cab for well over a decade.
Awesome on the Rev C Recto! Mine is about 20 away from yours... And I love it.

Back