Mesa Boogie

my amp isn't blacked out though - haha. I'll never sell this amp, although I will say that your multi-watt vs rev c video was quite a surprise.
Mine really loves Marshall cabs. Try some if you have a chance. Just remember, the word on the street is that early Cs did NOT like ohm mismatches, so when I run a 16 ohm load I pull one rectifier & a pair of power tubes so putting it in the 8 ohm jack is a correct match.

Mine really loves Marshall cabs. Try some if you have a chance. Just remember, the word on the street is that early Cs did NOT like ohm mismatches, so when I run a 16 ohm load I pull one rectifier & a pair of power tubes so putting it in the 8 ohm jack is a correct match.
Many thanks! I had no idea about this fact, I need to stick around these parts more often. Great fucking you tube content holmes!

Current : Mesa Mark IIA, IIB, III Blue stripe, III Coli, JP2C, 2 channel Triple Rec, Simul 295 power amp, 3 Mesa half back cabs

Past : 3 channel Triple Rec, 2 channel Single Rec

Last edited:
Many thanks! I had no idea about this fact, I need to stick around these parts more often. Great fucking you tube content holmes!
Yeah mine was labeled 8-16 ohm on 2 of the speaker jacks, but it's not, they are a pair of 8 ohm taps in parallel just like the other two are a pair of 4 ohm taps.

Mark IV A combo (gonna build a head shell for it when I have time)
Dual Recto 3 channel
Express 5:50+ combo
Recto vertical 2x12

Really want to add a halfback 4x12.
I see you plan to build your own head shell for the mk4, have you got plans or are you going to use the combo to get sizes and also are you going to incorporate the reverb tank? Head shelling my mk4 is on my list of things to do as it’ll make a super portable set up with the thiele cab

Have had
3 Dual Rec
1 Tremoverb

Currently have a Mark III Red Stripe
3 Channel Dual Rec
Tremoverb 2x12 combo
OS 4x12

Considering moving the Recto.

Not mine, but I have heard this 180W Coli C+, good and loud.
1664498326084.png

MkV:35 & '94 Tremoverb
Since I'm 56 with health issues, you can guess which one I use all the time and which one I barely ever use anymore (but I love it too much to let it go).

Attachments

• 20190714_160814.jpg
    20190714_160814.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 44
Time to finally try out a MK IV. so a B is on the way! Be interesting how it compares to my old III's (from what I can remember of course)
If you liked the III's you should like the IVb, it's a bit more modern sounding than a III but it dials in in a similar fashion and is a bit more versatile, input gain 7 - 8 treble high 7 - 9, bass low 0 - 3, mids 2 - 4, lead drive - 8 a V on the graphic EQ. You're gonna want to experiment with the mid gain and harmonics switch and the pull fat. Some prefer it in harmonics with the pull fat engaged, some prefer it in mid gain with the pull fat pushed. Also the presence knob pulls for a shift in presence, it's a bit fatter sounding with it pushed, but more cutting with it pulled.

If you liked the III's you should like the IVb, it's a bit more modern sounding than a III but it dials in in a similar fashion and is a bit more versatile, input gain 7 - 8 treble high 7 - 9, bass low 0 - 3, mids 2 - 4, lead drive - 8 a V on the graphic EQ. You're gonna want to experiment with the mid gain and harmonics switch and the pull fat. Some prefer it in harmonics with the pull fat engaged, some prefer it in mid gain with the pull fat pushed. Also the presence knob pulls for a shift in presence, it's a bit fatter sounding with it pushed, but more cutting with it pulled.
Pretty much my thoughts now that I've had the 4 for a week or 2.
Def a bit more modern then the III and way more versatile.

Pretty much my thoughts now that I've had the 4 for a week or 2.
Def a bit more modern then the III and way more versatile.
I have my replacement showing up tomorrow along with my explorer. I have to pay off my duvell now and get another Skeleton Key but I definitely want a III and a dual rec for 2023.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220926-134627_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220926-134627_Chrome.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 38
There is a purple stripe locally. I need to educate myself in the different stripes. I have a couple things on my to do list before I can even think of a III.

I need to get my 6505 and Mark IV serviced
Pay the balance on my Duvell
Order another Skeleton key or Gower Killer Kali
Put a deposit down on a Sully V

Then look for a III and a dual rec.

Back