Mesa mark 3 no stripe?

BrentSSL

There's one for sale on the gear page with mk2 c plus transformers for 1100 I think. I'm trying to move on from mesa but.....

Reviews on the no stripe seem all over the place. And the transformer... Weren't all the famous ones actually 100 watters rather than Simuclass? (Hetfield, Petrucci) And the Simuclass ones the people really wanted was the Export that ran lower plate voltages, I thought?

There was a no stripe at GC with export trans for 799 a month ago. All no stripe and most of the black stripes came with the leftover C+ PTs I believe. 1100 is a bit much. IMO.

A no stripe with 105 will put 500v on the plates. One with Mike B's ++ mods and service/cap job kicks ass.

I had a no stripe back in the early 90's and it was really lacking gain compared to my buddies green stripe.

LP Freak":3qsn9qmf said:
I had a no stripe back in the early 90's and it was really lacking gain compared to my buddies green stripe.
Maybe something was wrong with it. Mine has an assload of gain.

Racerxrated":2urvgtey said:
There was a no stripe at GC with export trans for 799 a month ago. All no stripe and most of the black stripes came with the leftover C+ PTs I believe. 1100 is a bit much. IMO.

I would say that's a common price 800-1000. If it is mint or has a fancy headshell they go a little more.

I just wanted to revisit thoughts on MK IiI black stripe/no stripe pricing these days.

are these going for 2-2.5k these days, particularly with the 105xformer? Or even more??

I just wanted to revisit thoughts on MK IiI black stripe/no stripe pricing these days.

are these going for 2-2.5k these days, particularly with the 105xformer? Or even more??

Yep. That’s the going rate looking at reverb and eBay sold listings. Like everything else... you have to pay to play.

I personally don’t think that’s what they are actually selling for, there is a lot of pie in the sky asking prices that sit for a while then accept an offer that we don’t get to see the value on. But they have jumped a significant amount over the last couple years, depending on the example you might be pushing high 1ks in my opinion

Yep. That’s the going rate looking at reverb and eBay sold listings. Like everything else... you have to pay to play.
I personally don’t think that’s what they are actually selling for, there is a lot of pie in the sky asking prices that sit for a while then accept an offer that we don’t get to see the value on. But they have jumped a significant amount over the last couple years, depending on the example you might be pushing high 1ks in my opinion

thanks guys!

yeah, i think covid pricing, pie in the sky, and ‘it’s essentially a 2c+’ narrative has the pricing really up there atm

for 1100 its good if it has eq. mark III's have been jumping lately. it probably needs servicing if it hasn't had it already. to bring it to tip top sonics.

With the 105 PT, you will have to very picky with which power tubes that you run, FYI. $1000 would be the most that I would pay, and then factor in the cost of servicing (at which time I would upgrade the preamp to "Red Stripe", while it is there).

With the 105 PT, you will have to very picky with which power tubes that you run, FYI. $1000 would be the most that I would pay, and then factor in the cost of servicing (at which time I would upgrade the preamp to "Red Stripe", while it is there).
I think that’s a little wishful too, the 105 version has been over 1000 for years before the latest jump. I do agree about the red stripe though mike isn’t taking new mods right now

I do agree about the red stripe

I also agree. :rawk:

boog2.jpg

Yep, the days of getting a III for even 1200 seem to be gone. 60w C+, guys are asking 4K which is what the original long head DRGs used to go for. Crazy.
It remains to be seen what prices will do when COVID starts to fade.

Back