Mesa Mark II-B Price check & opinions

The IIB is a monster amp on its own, but in this case it depends on what you´re looking for. This doesn´t have the graphic EQ, so it can´t do that scoopy Metallica or John Sykes thing, but the IIB with or without the EQ was a smash hit for Mesa for many years and was on tons of recordings in every style imaginable. A non-eq IIB is a great choice for anything where you´d want a Fender with great breakup capabilities or a midrangey heavy distortion sound.

EQ in front won´t replace the onboard graphic, pre- and post-gain EQ are very different things in guitar amps. As for EQ in the loop, I can´t really say, I never tried to replicate the onboard with something running in the loop. I would suspect you could at least get in the general ball park with a dialed-in multiband parametric EQ, though.

I recently sold mine for $1200 Canadian, but it was a 100/60 watter, no reverb, no EQ.

No eq is a no go here. Mike B is out of NOS mark iii faceplates to add an EQ and the parts for the EQ circuit are dwindling or already gone.

Personally I’d stay away.

Had a IIb with an eq. Very cool amp. This is the most accurate clip I’ve heard to what I was getting from mine. If you want one, wait for one with an eq. The eq in the loop or in front is cool, but it’s just not the same… especially with these amps. Everyone has their opinions on marks, mine is they suck without the onboard eq except for cleans.

Back