Metallica last night :

My HCAF style trolling days are long over but I have to admit, my recent 72 Seasons thread was a partial troll LOL!

You guys get so fucking worked up over this band. They're 60+ year old gazillionaires. You really expected them to get progressively heavier or maintain the AJFA level of juice to this day? They're comfortable. Been so for years. They've earned it.

And spare me the look at what MegaDave puts out. He's still furious and bitter to this day he's not with James and Lars, despite all of his own success he's had. He would turn it all in to be back in that "Dad Rock" band. His fury in all his records has and always will be to technically outdo Metallica till the day he dies. He is a bitter fuck for life. Go ask his former bandmates.

Hell yeah. Metallica honored that music. That's what great covers do. Elton and Bernie Taupin (the guy who wrote the lyrics to Elton's hits) gave it a well deserved standing ovation.

Here's the original version for anyone who isn't familiar with this classic. Elton's guitarist Davey Johnstone always came up with killer guitar parts.

i'm just another opinion, but i loved it. hearing that song when i was like 5 had a very profound effect on me, and from that day forward i knew i HAD to play music. Then hearing metallica when i was like 9 had a very profound effect on me and from that day forward i knew i HAD to play guitar.
So this is a weird full circle moment in my fanboyism of both artists.
dream theaters cover in the 90s is more technically spot on, but this one was more fun. more vibe/feel oriented, and not note for note, which is metallicas style. They killed it though. the way they arranged it was really cool.

+27787108807 Dr. mama Amirah spells to bring back a lover fast. Have you been abandoned by someone you deeply love with all your heart? It hurts so much and so bad not so? Being heartbroken is never easy and will never be easy friends and family have advised you to forget, ignore and move on, but regardless of what they advise memories of you and your ex can’t be fed away. Forgetting your ex lover is easier to say than done.
I only advise you to consider attempting easy spells to bring a lover back, only if the deletion of memories between you and your ex is a waste of time. Various strong spells of love can make you win back somebody’s heart. Like your ex. The person you always love and want back will come back when you conduct the ritual of any of the return lover spells
I'm betting you don't have a magic spell strong enough to make Metallica stop sucking.

:rolleyes:

Its so clear that peoples feelings were really really hurt 30 years ago when metallica decided they didn't want to be straight thrash band (which they were for like 2 years maybe, 40 years ago).

hater city lol.

Has Metallica ever done anything you didn’t approve of? I mean there’s had to be something along the way where you said “this isn’t very good” or “they really don’t sound very good tonight”?

Its so clear that peoples feelings were really really hurt 30 years ago when metallica decided they didn't want to be straight thrash band (which they were for like 2 years maybe, 40 years ago).

hater city lol.
It’s not clear at all. I don’t need them to be a thrash band at all. I just wish they were still a good band. They unfortunately have a narrow bandwidth in which they, as a unit, excel. James’ singing and Lars’ playing aren’t cut out for variety or “creativity”. Lars drags this performance like the world’s, largest mediocrity anchor. It makes James guitar sound like a race horse that’s never let out of the stable. I could only imagine what may have really happened for them, post Black, if they had ditched Lars for an actual musician who could really work with the mid tempo thing. But we have what we have, which is decades of meh.

Was this an Elton John tribute thing?
Who was the dude(tte) in white doing the introduction?
Did Elton John Die?
I'm so confused.
Sorry I've been in the wilderness for last 5 days and I'm way behind.
I want my 1:58m of my life back

• Haha
Reactions: Geo
Who was the dude(tte) in white doing the introduction?
proxy-image.jpg

Back