My Badlander 50 Shows up Today

Subscribed, liked, and commented and encourage others to do the same. Dude is delivering what we want so we need to throw a few mouse clicks his way.

Still watching, but hope you could speak on Badlands vs multi watt or badlands vs 5150 50 stealth. Could be cool future videos to explore

Dude, care to elaborate a bit more on that Grid Slammer? I'm really liking the tones you got with it. Does it not cut low-end like the typical tube screamer? How do you think it would pair with a 5150III? I feel the typical TS pedal would cuts too much bass from a 5150III, and it kinda loses its balls.

The Grid Slammer does a really great job at tightening up the lows without neutering them. I also feel it has more output, and increases the mids, but at a lower frequency. a big positive for me is the Grid Slammer has great clarity as well.

It's not my favorite boost for every amp, but it works AWESOME with a good number of the amps I own, and yes, it works great with a 5150 III

Subscribed, liked, and commented and encourage others to do the same. Dude is delivering what we want so we need to throw a few mouse clicks his way.

Still watching, but hope you could speak on Badlands vs multi watt or badlands vs 5150 50 stealth. Could be cool future videos to explore

They're already on my list to do, my man! First up is multiwatt, second is 3 ch, and third, my buddy has a Rev F that he's going to let me borrow for comparison videos, so we get every flavor but Rev G for now. The stealth is also in there just for fun. Finding the time to shoot and edit all these may be difficult, but I'm gonna do my damndest while the amp is still a hot item. Haha!

Thanks for the kind words!

Honestly it has a lot of low end, but I guess when you say room filling, I kind of think the of the low end palm mute that doesn't start and stop on command typical of a rectifier, and this doesn't have that going on. Maybe with the bass full on and no boost? But I truthfully didn't try that. The two guitars I put through it are pretty light on the lows and it still had plenty of ass for me.

Thanks for doing the clips , it has sparked my interest in the Badlander again. I was excited when it was announced but somewhat let down by other clips. In your video you said "I dont know who is saying it doesnt have enough lowend " .... That might have been in reference to my comment which is fine, I probably didnt describe what Im thinking the best way.

Its more of a room filling tone is what Im thinking , lowend is a part of that but not the only aspect. Dual and triple rectos have this BIG wide open high headroom knock you on your ass sound. I think it has to do with these amps having a different negative feedback design than say a mark series. Im not saying this Badlander amp doesnt do that.

I dont think its something that can be captured in a clip or under a mic. So Im not knocking the results of your video. Its more of something you experience in the room and playing live with a band. Rectos bulldoze right through a live mix. I will get a badlander soon and see for myself. I think you have given me a new perspective on this amp. So thanks for that, your clips are very good !

Thanks for doing the clips , it has sparked my interest in the Badlander again. I was excited when it was announced but somewhat let down by other clips. In your video you said "I dont know who is saying it doesnt have enough lowend " .... That might have been in reference to my comment which is fine, I probably didnt describe what Im thinking the best way.

Its more of a room filling tone is what Im thinking , lowend is a part of that but not the only aspect. Dual and triple rectos have this BIG wide open high headroom knock you on your ass sound. I think it has to do with these amps having a different negative feedback design than say a mark series. Im not saying this Badlander amp doesnt do that.

I dont think its something that can be captured in a clip or under a mic. So Im not knocking the results of your video. Its more of something you experience in the room and playing live with a band. Rectos bulldoze right through a live mix. I will get a badlander soon and see for myself. I think you have given me a new perspective on this amp. So thanks for that, your clips are very good !

Hey man! Appreciate the feedback.

The comment was just more in reference of all the talk I've heard online about the amp. Many were commenting how the amp sounded neutered compared to the traditional rectifiers, but that is not at all my experience. In my opinion, the badlander has more lows than I could need, and I play in standard tuning with a boost. I imagine most people who need more than this are low end junkies that don't dial tones with a mix in mind. But that's just an assumption.

I never had the lows above 2 oclock in this video, and was also using 2 guitars with a pretty polite low end, which tells me that this amp has even more lows than what my video shows by quite a bit.

You're right though, really hard to capture that in a recording, especially when youtube compresses the hell out of audio.

Dude.....IDK...........can you post a video with you not wearing that hat? The tonez seemed muffled with that hat on.
I'm searching for a reasonably priced TC50. They don't show up much.

I kinda regret selling mine.............however the blackened soul in me really thinks that the Badlander
..........especially the 50 would be the way I would go if I had to do it again......your clip and Ola's has that menacing tone that seals the deal......the dark character is there \m/

Last edited:
Why the 50 >100?

I hesitate because a single rec I had couldn't keep the low end together over 90dbs. Same with a Rhodes modded dual rec with 2 tubes removed (making it 50). Really needed the 100, not for volume but for quality of sound/headroom at louder volumes>

Other 50 amps I had were fine, so I kind of thought it was a recto thing.

Why the 50 >100?

I hesitate because a single rec I had couldn't keep the low end together over 90dbs. Same with a Rhodes modded dual rec with 2 tubes removed (making it 50). Really needed the 100, not for volume but for quality of sound/headroom at louder volumes>

Other 50 amps I had were fine, so I kind of thought it was a recto thing.

Mesa's description said the 50 was a little leaner in the low mids and meaner in the upper mids, and that just spoke to my personal taste more, honestly. The fact that it is also $300 less doesn't hurt either.

Most amps I use these days are 50 watts. My Splawn SS, EVH 5150's and VHT's are all 50-60 watts and I haven't had issues with headroom. I just think the Single Rectifier lacks power section headroom, because I had a pretty similar experience to yours with mine.

I went home and set everything up for my Multiwatt/Badlander comparison on my lunch break. Hopefully I'll actually have time to film it!

131133713_164661722012046_1339113309595054543_n.jpg

Haha! This made me laugh. I'm waiting for someone to tell me how much I suck because I don't showcase any sweep picking material.
I will tell you. Dude, your playing is bollocks and if you don't pick it up a bit and start clogging at 280 BPM's while you are doing these reverse 8 finger taps and sweeps I am going to be upset. I don't give a shit what boost you use. Handle your shit. :ROFLMAO: :hys: :gethim: :poke: :inlove: :cheers: :dunno:

The Grid Slammer does a really great job at tightening up the lows without neutering them. I also feel it has more output, and increases the mids, but at a lower frequency. a big positive for me is the Grid Slammer has great clarity as well.

It's not my favorite boost for every amp, but it works AWESOME with a good number of the amps I own, and yes, it works great with a 5150 III
Awesome, thanks!

Dude.....IDK...........can you post a video with you not wearing that hat? The tonez seemed muff

I kinda regret selling mine.............however the blackened soul in me really thinks that the Badlands..........especially the 50 would be the way I would go if I had to do it again......your clip and Ola's has that menacing tone that seals the deal......the dark character is there \m/

It does indeed have an aggressiveness that's right in my wheelhouse. I definitely dig the clips.

Thanks for the feedback all! Glad I could do the amp justice. Didn't get time to do the MW comp. video last night, but I literally have everything setup and ready to go home and fire it up on my lunch break.

Back