My C.A.B M just arrived. Which cabs are your favourites to get av big fat sound with a Marshall Super Lead?

CarlM

My C.A.B M just arrive and I will test it later this evening.

Which cabs are your favourites to get av big fat sound with a Marshall Super Lead?

There are so many cabs included and it would help to hear about your favorites both among the included ones and the ones I need to pay extra for.

Are DynIR cabs always preferred or should I try other brand's IRs as well? (I have some which I have bought in the past.)

As long as I can find one, which is really good, then that will be enough for me. I go from crunchy, slightly over driven classic Marshall sounds to typical hard rock Marshall distortion sounds. I mainly play Les Pauls but I use other guitars too.

I will be using it with a Captor 8 and the amps will mainly be:

- '76 Marshall Super Lead
- Marshall Studio Vintage 20H

Thanks in advance!

/Carl

Last edited:
Try Vintage rock club and Vintage rock deluxe dynir. Its a vertical 2x12, sounds sooo alive.
Thanks! But I can't find and of these two cabs in my collection. Are they suppose to be included, or are they something I need to buy in addition to the included collection?

You will need to buy them, they don't come with the unit at point of sale - From the ones included, I would go for any of the ones that start with the word "Brit" - The Victory Sheriff is great as well!

Pete Thorn 412 with greenbacks from the TN store 👍You can thank me later.
Ha, ha! I have been thinking about it for a while and your post made me pull the trigger. I have downloaded the PT Collection now and hopefully I get to try it a bit later tonight. :)

Not to throw you off, but the York Audio IRs I’ve gotten have surpassed both my DynIR cabs and Celestion IRs. The Friedman 4x12 with V30s and M25s is generally my go to.

Not to throw you off, but the York Audio IRs I’ve gotten have surpassed both my DynIR cabs and Celestion IRs. The Friedman 4x12 with V30s and M25s is generally my go to.

Thanks. I listen to the demos at York and I got the feeling that they suffers from the sam problems I have experienced with other cab IRs. The attack is mushed and the note separation is muddy compared to the results you would expect from a miked speaker of the same type.

Like this one: York '76 Marshall 4x12 with G12M 25w

I actually have a real Marshall 4x12 with G12M 25w from 1976 and the York IR isn't very close at all, but I am glad that you found something that works for you and thanks for sharing.

You will need to buy them, they don't come with the unit at point of sale - From the ones included, I would go for any of the ones that start with the word "Brit" - The Victory Sheriff is great as well!
Thanks. Which Victory Sheriff do you mean? There are a couple...

As for IRs, the most authentic vintage Marshall sound I've been able to get is from Softube Amp room Marshall Edition (with the amp models turned off of course), tremendous sounding, expertly sampled IRs. I'm trying to figure out how to rip those IRs and load them into my CAB M for.portability.

+100 on the York Audio Impulses !
I have my Marshall Silver Jubilee with Suhr Reactive Load Box into the Fractal Audio FM3 as IR load and Post FX...: The Cab M+ on order , will be my IR Loader for at home studio recording. For the Silver Jubilee the YA Friedman V30 sounds killer.....for Leads sometimes I use a 2x12 Mar '66 cab loaded with EV12L ...Looking forward trying the DynIR !!
here are some sound clips :

Back