My modded Marshall - Lay It Down

zz666

Everything at 12 o'clock, Timeline in loop. Les Paul Custom with Aldrich in bridge.

I realise I missed a chord, but hey it's just a quick test, what do you guys think of the tone, I'm very happy with the aggression and bark.

Bad freaking ass yo! I just got a Marshall JVM that I cant stop playing but that 800 of yours gives me goose bumps. Nice playing too! Do you have an overdrive up front?

Thanks man , the mods were done by Warwicke Newman of Tone Revival Engineering in Melbourne Australia.

Sounds Awesome!

Always wanted to try a modded JCM. Had bought a JMP 2203 master volume and sent it to Voodoo amps, but after 8 months I finally got sick of dealing with the guy and had him send it back to me un-modded. Sold the amp, regrettably.

Yeah that thing sounds great... sounds like he kept the voicing and just gently coaxed more gain through the various stages. That's the way to do it. Also, what more can you say about the SD-1. I like most OD's in front of an 800 but the SD-1 just gains it up so nice and makes leads or heavier rythms a breeze. Easily competes with any modded Marshall in a blind listening test time and time again.

The cab is a '67 with greenbacks.
It has a tube fx loop (that tube provides some of the gain) and on the back it has send and return knobs plus a resonance knob.

Tried tons of pedals in front, but for soloing, nothing sits better (for that amp) than the SD1

Thanks again guys, it's a mean sounding rig.

Yeah it sounds killer. The only thing I don't like about an SD1 boosting a Marshall is the low end strip they do..but if you have a resonance/bass boost it shouldn't matter.

Ive been interested in trying an sd-1 in front of marshall style amps i have.

Are you guys using cuurent production sd-1's, or do i need to go down the vintage rabbit hole to get 'that' sound?

Back