My Tweaker 40 head just died

danelectro

I was playing through my Tweaker 40 head this afternoon and it was sounding great as usual. Flipped the switch to play a bit more this evening and nothing. No pilot light, no tube heaters, no pop, nothing. Checked the main fuse and its good. Swapped out all the tubes to see if that might jolt it back to life but no luck (I didn't expect it to). I pulled the chassis and checked the four fuses on the main board and they're all good. There's no cooked-component smell. The amp is about three years old but has never been gigged and has only seen light duty here at home.

Any suggestions? Are there any other fuses that I missed? I haven't been here on the forum in quite a while but browsing through the threads I saw a number of issues with transformers. Does this sound like it could possibly be a blown transformer?

My T40 is on its way back to the factory for a transformer upgrade. Contrary to some of the comments I've seen here regarding the lack of customer service, I had no problems getting through to Egnater CS. I spoke with Barrett and he said we'll repair it with an upgraded transformer that is guaranteed not to fail again. I'm looking forward to getting it back, but in the meantime, I pulled my trusty Rebel 30 head out of mothballs. I don't think I've plugged this in since 2012 I have to say I'd forgotten how good this little amp sounds.
:rock:

Off the subject, I haven't frequented this forum in quite some time, buts what's with all the spam threads? (jewelery, hydrocodone, nike, adidas, etc) This forum needs some filtering software in a bad way.

Back