NAD: Wizard MCII

CEG85

Picked up this MCII over the weekend. Had a chance to put it through its paces for a few hours and it absolutely rips. Super stoked to add this into the line up! :rock:
780E0A0C-1B03-491D-A811-2563277463CB.jpeg

Last edited:
Mine is amazing! Congrats on finding a used one -I paid full price.
I gave up trying to capture it's crushing immensity in one of my 'iphone in the room' YT vids. The punch you in the chest power just cannot be captured in an audio/video. Has to be experienced in person! :m17:

Last edited:
Is the MCII considered the most Modern tone from a Wizard??
I wouldn't know to be honest, this is the only amp I've tried from Wizard.
It can do modern but has its own voicing, haven't really played anything like it.
Mine is amazing! Congrats on finding a used one -I paid full price.
I gave up trying to capture it's crushing immensity in one pf my 'iphone in the room' YT vids. The punch you in the chest power just cannot be captured in and audio/video. Has to be experienced in person! :m17:

Yeah, it was pretty well priced.
Definitely one of the punchiest amps I've played for sure!

Is the MCII considered the most Modern tone from a Wizard??
I would say it can get modern on channel 2 with the boost engaged, higher bass, and contour low but can nail classic rock / 80’s as well with setting the dials differently. It is a pretty versatile amp with its tonal signature being a mix of Hiwatt and Marshall to my ears.

The Bass on the MC amps has a shit ton of low end so lower bass settings, higher mids brings its voice closer to classic rock/ 80’s.

I would say it can get modern on channel 2 with the boost engaged, higher bass, and contour low but can nail classic rock / 80’s as well with setting the dials differently. It is a pretty versatile amp with its tonal signature being a mix of Hiwatt and Marshall to my ears.

The Bass on the MC amps has a shit ton of low end so lower bass settings, higher mids brings its voice closer to classic rock/ 80’s.
Totally agree with this! When I got your 2023 spec MC100 (which I love by the way), I was surprised how modern you could dial it. Channel 2 + the boost is more like a 3rd channel, like you said and it can have MASSIVE low end chunk and punch.

There is some crossover with the W800, but the W800 can't go as modern as an MC or MCII and likewise, I find the MC's can't cop the vintage feel/tone quite like the W800 can. Much more of a Fryette vibe with the MC's.

Totally agree with this! When I got your 2023 spec MC100 (which I love by the way), I was surprised how modern you could dial it. Channel 2 + the boost is more like a 3rd channel, like you said and it can have MASSIVE low end chunk and punch.

There is some crossover with the W800, but the W800 can't go as modern as an MC or MCII and likewise, I find the MC's can't cop the vintage feel/tone quite like the W800 can. Much more of a Fryette vibe with the MC's.
Hey man long time.

Stocked your digging the MC1.

True there’s a lot more of modern voicing with the MC series. There is definitely that Fryette vibe. I also agree the w800 is more firmly vintage. If dump the bass on the MC’s like considerably to 7 or 8 o’clock, crank the mids through a greenback loaded cab you get a lot closer to the AC/DC sound with a modest gain.

Quick question, anybody know the preamp tube layout of the MCII?
I’ve heard it’s a mixture of JJ ECC83S and JJ EC803S but wanted to confirm.

Quick question, anybody know the preamp tube layout of the MCII?
I’ve heard it’s a mixture of JJ ECC83S and JJ EC803S but wanted to confirm.
I don't know but I love those tubes in my Twin, especially the 803s. NOS is probably better but it's a great tube for a working amp.

Back