New AC/DC

Just picked this cd up this past week and yes its AC/DC and no surprises here just great rock and roll the way they always bring it!

While I appreciate good ole' R&R,
This stuff is too familiar with the classics,
so when you go back and listen to the classics
these tunes are blah..
These dudes are wealthy senior citizens
and look creepy on stage.
Once Malcolm passed they should have retired for good.
Don't get me wrong, I love that someone is still
creating Rock music..I don't know.
Go put any of these tunes against the classics, they sound like watered down B-sides.

For Those About To Rock We Salute You
has the most gut grinding raunch vocals.
So f'n awesome.
I didn't mean to come off like a jerk from the previous comment.
Most bands steer clear of that repeaded recipe for
many reasons.
That's the risk.
But AC⚡DC rules either way.
Angus was the ultimate guitar solo madman.
Let's ROCK!!( Vazquez, Aliens)

Yeah the tunes aren't amazing but they aren't terrible. The first song released had a bit more mojo, I kept waiting for this one to go into another gear but it sort of stayed where it was. Overall, these guys are grandpas and still bringing the goods so I give them a pass. I won't change the station if it comes on so it is ok by my book. I quite liked the tone/production too.

Better to stick with the proven formula than "experiment" and disappoint the fans, I reckon.

Happens all-too-often.

A lot of that familiarity is in the beat.
Oh, I remember when the wife calls code red..
Time to earn them....red wings..just in time
for breakfast!!
F**t it, where's Vazquez?..The risk lives forever?

There are definitely much better songs on the album than that one. I thought the whole album was great and listened to it while teleworking. 2020 sucked so bad and this was a great boost at the end of the year to make people feel a bit "normal". AC/DC is familiar and we all needed that I think.

photofunky.gif

Hard not to love aging rockers as im one myself so i will.
All you young dogs with your critical thinking you're getting old too one day at a time.
You'll be in a wheel chair crapping your pants someday like everyone else.
I don't know many 65yr olds touring the world who play Marshall stacks & do the Chuck Berry duck walk.
All hail Rock n Roll.

I really enjoy it! It's nice to see a band that has stuck to sound and still sound close to when they were young. Hearing this made me feel happy.

photofunky.gif

Hard not to love aging rockers as im one myself so i will.
All you young dogs with your critical thinking you're getting old too one day at a time.
You'll be in a wheel chair crapping your pants someday like everyone else.
I don't know many 65yr olds touring the world who play Marshall stacks & do the Chuck Berry duck walk.
All hail Rock n Roll.
Man they age well!!!

Yeah the tunes aren't amazing but they aren't terrible. The first song released had a bit more mojo, I kept waiting for this one to go into another gear but it sort of stayed where it was. Overall, these guys are grandpas and still bringing the goods so I give them a pass. I won't change the station if it comes on so it is ok by my book. I quite liked the tone/production too.
I've kind of moved on from AC/DC and love their classics up to say Who Made Who but this post right here sums up what I came in to say.

But yeah - anyone still rockin at this age deserves credit.

Back