New Death Metal

I figured since there is not much on here in the way of some of the newer more underground death metal bands, I'd start this thread to share some of the more recent gems out there.

There's a huge scene in Chile, also - so many great bands out of there right now...I'll post some of them throughout this thread as time goes (Infamovs' Stench of the Unholy Graves is below and is great from start to finish

Thanks for starting this thread. I checked out Crypta's music and after that I started listening to other Death Metal bands. I was missing out on a lot of amazing music.

Crypta freakin' rules. They're Brazilian and they'll rip yer face off. Trey from Death Angel invited them to be the opening band on the most recent DA tour. They're on the road again and the crowds are going apeshit.

https://www.youtube.com/@CryptaOfficial/releases

From the second album. Jessica Falchi replaced Sonia Anubis on guitar. Jessica is a better fit.

From the first album. Sonia Anubis (the blonde) from Burning Witches was an original member. She left to form Cobra Spell, an 80's type metal band.

Last edited:
What a great thread.

Chile is the most metal place I've ever been to. Arrive at the airport and you'll already see 3-4 dudes with long hair and metal tees. People love the symphonic power metal stuff, but there is also a good death metal scene.

Not to hijack your thread with old stuff, but here are some Chilean death metal giants from the 90s that were very influential.... maybe @RedB4Black will dig...

from the 90s Criminal where the most know metal band from Chile, i especially like the lead playing of Rodrigo Contreras, his solos really fit the music perfectly

other great one was Undercroft, this is from 1997, there is something special from this bands that is unique to them, some magic that is similar to old Sepultura and Krisiun

from the 90s Criminal where the most know metal band from Chile, i especially like the lead playing of Rodrigo Contreras, his solos really fit the music perfectly

other great one was Undercroft, this is from 1997, there is something special from this bands that is unique to them, some magic that is similar to old Sepultura and Krisiun

That's a killer tune!

Members of Vorum formed Concrete Winds - maybe a bit too much on the grindcore side for some here but I find both full-lengths full of catchy as hell stuff that'll get stuck in your head
Concrete winds rips. nerve butcherer is my favorite of theirs. A lot of really sick grind bands coming out now

These guys are more of early death metal, but still good tunes

a buddy of mine plays in a chile death/grind band. they have a pretty strong local scene ive heard

Not a new band by any stretch, quite the opposite...They don't get enough recognition in my opinion - out of LA and owners of Dark Realm Records record store in Downey, the Cortez brothers, Bay and Rick of Sadistic Intent

Legends in the underground for sure, but having been around since the late 80's and never releasing a true full length album is a fail. That being said....still legends 👍

Legends in the underground for sure, but having been around since the late 80's and never releasing a true full length album is a fail. That being said....still legends 👍
Their discography is frustrating and seeing as they've had a stable lineup for some time now, I have no idea why they haven't finally recorded that full length they've been talking about for years, The Second Coming of Darkness. I remember reading ten years ago or so they were recording it but then nothing.

Agree Contreras is a phenomenal guitarist! And super nice guy. Had the pleasure of sitting with him on a few occasions when he used to play an Ibanez destroyer through a JCM2000. Amazing chops, really tight playing, was really fun to watch.

Thanks for starting this thread. I checked out Crypta's music and after that I started listening to other Death Metal bands. I was missing out on a lot of amazing music.

Crypta freakin' rules. They're Brazilian and they'll rip yer face off. Trey from Death Angel invited them to be the opening band on the most recent DA tour. They're on the road again and the crowds are going apeshit.

https://www.youtube.com/@CryptaOfficial/releases

From the second album. Jessica Falchi replaced Sonia Anubis on guitar. Jessica is a better fit.

From the first album. Sonia Anubis (the blonde) from Burning Witches was an original member. She left to form Cobra Spell, an 80's type metal band.

I saw Crypta open for Morbid Angel this year and they were killer. The lead singer/bassist has great stage presence a well.

Just getting things back to normal after a tornado ripped through my neighborhood Thursday around 6PM...we were without power and then to top things off, our generator gave out right before midnight Friday night so yeah, just glad that is all over with.

New Altar Of Gore was released Friday, May 17th and really stoked to get my physical copy

https://altarofgore.bandcamp.com/music

This thread is right up my alley and I'll need to go through it. I like my death metal technical and melodic like Black Dahlia Murder and Archspire, but to dive deeper, Benighted has been fucking me up lately.

Back