New Death Metal

This thread is right up my alley and I'll need to go through it. I like my death metal technical and melodic like Black Dahlia Murder and Archspire, but to dive deeper, Benighted has been fucking me up lately.

You mentioned Archspire which made me think of the new track Dean's wife Claire posted from her new band Misyrion the other day...they both crack me up and are good people

Dope, thanks @watson503 I've definitely watched some Dean content and the Dean and Tobi NAMM playthroughs are amazing. I actually haven't watched much of Dean's content with his wife. That shit was brutal lol.

Werewolves have some new stuff out. I really dug their last two albums, but haven't listened to this one yet.

And then this is even newer? I've been under a rock listening to classical guitar and slutpop.

Gutless out of Australia

Gutless ^^^ recently did a split with Mortal Wound (mentioned earlier in this thread). This is from the upcoming full-length coming out this Friday

Dallas, Texas' Morgue Meat released their second full-length last week. Rest in Peace to Dany who passed-away way too soon last year, making this his final record

Blood Court out of Germany with their lone release, the full-length Profane Purgatory

New single just dropped from one of my favorites, Nile - Chapter for Not Being Hung Upside Down on a Stake in the Underworld and Made to Eat Feces by the Four Apes

Check out my friend's band:

I teched for him at this debut show... it was a blast. You can see my head pop out from behind Sin's gear on the right at the beginning....lol..

Last edited:
Received my copy of the new Altar Of Gore a week or so ago and it doesn't disappoint. I've mentioned it before but this crew from New Jersey just can't do wrong (they're behind this band, Blasphematory, Massive Retaliation, Damnation Lust, Jaws Of Hades, Siege Column...) and I've dug every offering they've put out. This new album is easily on-par- if not better - than their first full-length, Obscure & Obscene Gods

I figured since there is not much on here in the way of some of the newer more underground death metal bands, I'd start this thread to share some of the more recent gems out there.

There's a huge scene in Chile, also - so many great bands out of there right now...I'll post some of them throughout this thread as time goes (Infamovs' Stench of the Unholy Graves is below and is great from start to finish

Wow thanks for the recs!

There wasn't a single good tone in this thread 🤣

I like heavy music but this sounds like my kids not knowing what they are doing in a music store with everything on 10...

I'm VERY selective with extreme music these days. This all sounds the same for the most part. Lots of busy noise, not alot of just clear heavy grind.

If it's not Dying Fetus Reign Supreme type goodness, I have a hard time making room for it. Because 97% of "death metal" sounds like the stuff in this thread. Reminds me of just doing acid in pazuzu's house on knob hill. It all sounded like this too... just all the time on repeat. Unfortunately I used to have band practice there. Interesting times. 🤏

There wasn't a single good tone in this thread 🤣

I like heavy music but this sounds like my kids not knowing what they are doing in a music store with everything on 10...

I'm VERY selective with extreme music these days. This all sounds the same for the most part. Lots of busy noise, not alot of just clear heavy grind.

If it's not Dying Fetus Reign Supreme type goodness, I have a hard time making room for it. Because 97% of "death metal" sounds like the stuff in this thread. Reminds me of just doing acid in pazuzu's house on knob hill. It all sounded like this too... just all the time on repeat. Unfortunately I used to have band practice there. Interesting times. 🤏
Maybe someone here will post a Fallout Boy thread you could reply to 🤷‍♂️

I listened to a lot of the tracks on this thread. Some very creative stuff. Thought I would share my work in progress. Vocals and solos aren't in there yet.

What's the point of sharing an unfinished track? I've been doing it since 2009, and my tracks didn't gain much traction, so I figure it can't hurt.

At any rate, the "element of surprise" that bands rely on to sell albums these days is long gone. Plus, I'm too old, so forget about it!

My riffs are good though I think. Here are two mixes, feel free to share. They don't have vocals, and it's a home production, but give it a listen on your monitors as well as your cellphone speakers. Hope you can hear everything, that's what I am aiming for.

Total length works out to about 44.10 minutes for 8 songs. I wrote these riffs based on the premise that Slayer's Divine Intervention was the best thrash/death crossover of all time.

Tell me which mix you like, thanks.

Maybe someone here will post a Fallout Boy thread you could reply to, it's my favorite band when I'm not listening to the shittiest excuse for death metal I can find 🤷‍♂️

Bro.... chill..... agree 100%

But, don't be upset when facts come knocking. The tones in this thread are messy garbage. And you know what they say..

One man's garbage, is another's amazing music.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back