New Friedman designed pedalboard incoming!

Rezamatix":1oyov8lr said:
In the home stretch here on my new board. Dave is doing some phenomenal things and his new boards are out of this world.

Really excited about getting that new Boss ES-8 switcher firing...

I am building up and new pedalbaord as well. What made you go for the es-8?

Damn, you have some nice pieces on there.

Bitchen looking mock-up, will be a sweet board!

Hey folks - just signed up for this website - been reading your posts for over a year.

Will soon be buying a Friedman BE 100 for sure - I heard a guy playing one at King Guitar about this time last summer in Rhode Island - I remember asking Brad what that amp was that guy is playing on - he said it was a BE 100 Browneye made by Dave Friedman - I was blown away by the awesome tone - never forgot it.

I think the guy playing it ended up buying the Friedman SS amp - I never heard that one but was so impressed by what I heard when that dude was jamming out Randy Rhoads on the BE 100. About six weeks ago, I was at Matt's Music in Massachusetts to trade in a essentially new SUHR Modern I had just purchased a coupled weeks prior - Awesome guitar but not near as awesome as the Phenomenal Suhr I already bought from Brad about a year ago. My intent was to trade it in for the Friedman Browneye they had in there 2 weeks earlier but it was already sold. Anyway, they plugged in a Jackson Soloist SL1 to a Smallbox - I fell in love with what I heard and felt while playing - even though I am not a good player I know Awesome tone when I hear it and I immediately noticed that my own playing, although not good, sounded like a million bucks compared to any other time I ever picked up a guitar. Downright LOVE that Friedman Smallbox. I ended up getting the Jackson Soloist with my Suhr trade-in though as I suspected as much as I LOVED the Smallbox, I would probably end up just Having to have the BE 100. Anyway - great guitar this Jackson but I should have grabbed the Friedman Smallbox as my Suhr I got from Brad has got to be the finest guitar I ever laid my hands on. I went through several SUHRs - buying and trading in at Matt's Music - but none of them touched the excellence and total perfection of the Suhr I got at King Guitar the year before.

I ended up buying a ton of amps and a few sweet guitars from Brad that summer and fall before things fell apart with the Cameron thing I read about on this forum...really sad...Brad treated me right for sure every time I went in there - what a GREAT shop he had - I really miss it bigtime - sorry to whoever lost out as written in the forum on other links here - bummer - I doubt Brad intentionally did you wrong as he was top notch to me every time - I even saw him hook up some suicidal homeless guy one time who wandered in there with a real old junky acoustic - the guy had just taken up guitar and sort of found a reason to continue in this life - and Brad fixed that guitar up real nice, set the intonation, new strings, and so on and made that thing enjoyable and playable for that guy...all thaqt being said - I feel bad for whoever it was in the forum here who had a bad experience - sounds like it was complicated but I understand the anger.

I have heard some of you folks' clips via your links and also on Youtube - you guys are Killer Guitarists - and I hope one day to achieve a fraction of the skills you guys have developed - I have been on again and off again most of my life - stayed with it this past year and a half or so though..makin some progress and always wondering what the "secrets" are to breaking through - always wondering what you folks experienced - what you discovered that would have maybe saved you years of struggle had you only known about before years of tinkering.

OK - enough for now - stay cool...

glenn

Thought I would post a few of the bands and songs that I have always loved - Some of you from the old school might be familiar with these - if not, I think you'll enjoy - you can check them out on Youtube:

Jane - Daytime - original song on 'Together' LP, or check out the first live version on their 'Live at Home' LP from 1976 - whole album is phenomenal...e.g. check out the song called 'Hightime for Crusaders' and really all the other tracks too are just killer.

Captain Beyond - self titled LP - featuring Bobby Caldwell on Drums and Rod Evens (of Deep Purple) on vocals; the guitar work was incredible and years ahead of its time.

Lucifer's Friend - self titled album - entire album was downright astonishing - remains in my all time top collections.

Pink Fairies "Never Never Land" LP - a serious, timeless masterpiece - especially the track called "Uncle Harry's Last Freakout"

Stay Cool.

Eloy - all their 70s LPs were superb.

Krautrockfreak":3p0eytc5 said:
Thought I would post a few of the bands and songs that I have always loved - Some of you from the old school might be familiar with these - if not, I think you'll enjoy - you can check them out on Youtube:

Jane - Daytime - original song on 'Together' LP, or check out the first live version on their 'Live at Home' LP from 1976 - whole album is phenomenal...e.g. check out the song called 'Hightime for Crusaders' and really all the other tracks too are just killer.

Captain Beyond - self titled LP - featuring Bobby Caldwell on Drums and Rod Evens (of Deep Purple) on vocals; the guitar work was incredible and years ahead of its time.

Lucifer's Friend - self titled album - entire album was downright astonishing - remains in my all time top collections.

Pink Fairies "Never Never Land" LP - a serious, timeless masterpiece - especially the track called "Uncle Harry's Last Freakout"

Stay Cool.

Eloy - all their 70s LPs were superb.

Decent taste of music!

Krautrockfreak":2incl3by said:
Hey folks - just signed up for this website - been reading your posts for over a year.

Will soon be buying a Friedman BE 100 for sure - I heard a guy playing one at King Guitar about this time last summer in Rhode Island - I remember asking Brad what that amp was that guy is playing on - he said it was a BE 100 Browneye made by Dave Friedman - I was blown away by the awesome tone - never forgot it.

I think the guy playing it ended up buying the Friedman SS amp - I never heard that one but was so impressed by what I heard when that dude was jamming out Randy Rhoads on the BE 100. About six weeks ago, I was at Matt's Music in Massachusetts to trade in a essentially new SUHR Modern I had just purchased a coupled weeks prior - Awesome guitar but not near as awesome as the Phenomenal Suhr I already bought from Brad about a year ago. My intent was to trade it in for the Friedman Browneye they had in there 2 weeks earlier but it was already sold. Anyway, they plugged in a Jackson Soloist SL1 to a Smallbox - I fell in love with what I heard and felt while playing - even though I am not a good player I know Awesome tone when I hear it and I immediately noticed that my own playing, although not good, sounded like a million bucks compared to any other time I ever picked up a guitar. Downright LOVE that Friedman Smallbox. I ended up getting the Jackson Soloist with my Suhr trade-in though as I suspected as much as I LOVED the Smallbox, I would probably end up just Having to have the BE 100. Anyway - great guitar this Jackson but I should have grabbed the Friedman Smallbox as my Suhr I got from Brad has got to be the finest guitar I ever laid my hands on. I went through several SUHRs - buying and trading in at Matt's Music - but none of them touched the excellence and total perfection of the Suhr I got at King Guitar the year before.

I ended up buying a ton of amps and a few sweet guitars from Brad that summer and fall before things fell apart with the Cameron thing I read about on this forum...really sad...Brad treated me right for sure every time I went in there - what a GREAT shop he had - I really miss it bigtime - sorry to whoever lost out as written in the forum on other links here - bummer - I doubt Brad intentionally did you wrong as he was top notch to me every time - I even saw him hook up some suicidal homeless guy one time who wandered in there with a real old junky acoustic - the guy had just taken up guitar and sort of found a reason to continue in this life - and Brad fixed that guitar up real nice, set the intonation, new strings, and so on and made that thing enjoyable and playable for that guy...all thaqt being said - I feel bad for whoever it was in the forum here who had a bad experience - sounds like it was complicated but I understand the anger.

I have heard some of you folks' clips via your links and also on Youtube - you guys are Killer Guitarists - and I hope one day to achieve a fraction of the skills you guys have developed - I have been on again and off again most of my life - stayed with it this past year and a half or so though..makin some progress and always wondering what the "secrets" are to breaking through - always wondering what you folks experienced - what you discovered that would have maybe saved you years of struggle had you only known about before years of tinkering.

OK - enough for now - stay cool...

glenn

Holy shit Glenn.

I am looking at getting a PBC from RJM or possibly the ES-8. Would you happen to know how the effects are wired to the loop of an amp? This is my only concern with going the ES8 route. On the RJM there is a buffer send before loops 7 thru 10 and then a return.
Any one of the 4 loops can be set serial or parallel and have a line mixer per loop. I have not been able to figure out this scenario
for the ES8 their manual is limited. I am pretty sure it can do this but need to confirm before I drop cash down. The plus on the
ES8 is $400.00 cheaper and pedal routing.

Rezamatix":2v0iwbfo said:
MARK1970":2v0iwbfo said:
I am looking at getting a PBC from RJM or possibly the ES-8. Would you happen to know how the effects are wired to the loop of an amp? This is my only concern with going the ES8 route. On the RJM there is a buffer send before loops 7 thru 10 and then a return.
Any one of the 4 loops can be set serial or parallel and have a line mixer per loop. I have not been able to figure out this scenario
for the ES8 their manual is limited. I am pretty sure it can do this but need to confirm before I drop cash down. The plus on the
ES8 is $400.00 cheaper and pedal routing.

ES8 has the buffer.
2 loops are stereo.

4CM works great if you insert a ISO transformer on the outputs of the board.

You should call Dave Friedman for more in depth detail.

I will do that. Thank you.

Back