New Landry G4 amp coming soon!

Hey mate how you been? :thumbsup:
Yeah man I remember we have the same taste in tone. Always searching for that particular growl. After a bit of amp flipping and sampling, I've found that the Landry G3/G4 comes closest to my tone experiences with my original Peters Gryphon from way back. It's not quite as rich or guttural as the Gryphon, but it's very close. The thing it does do better than the Gryphon is the sticky elastic Marshall lead tone. It'll be nice to have both in the stable again.

Been good! Yeah I got tired of the amp search, so I just built my own to get the sound in my head lol

I’ve heard some cool Landry clips.

The clips that I've heard by Bill on YouTube sound amazing . They're old clips though and to my surprise his video's don't get nearly as many views as you would think for amps that sound that amazing .

Outside of Bill's excellent demos, below are two of my favorite vids of the G3.
This dude gets some killer tones from his.

Reactions: ccn
I guess Yours my have the diode clipping switch. At the time he didn't care for them and we agreed not to add them. I do believe he told me he is doing it differently now and may like it enough to add them. Mine has the voicing switch though. I also had him add a switch on the front panel near the imput jack to switch channels.
I believe mine was built around February 2 of this year.

I really like the amp, It is one of only a few amps I have tried that has enough gain on the crunch channel for me and the lead channel sings.
Sounds like a good modded marshall.
I had to plug in to it after seeing this thread since I haven't played it in mounths since I finished my own amp the one on top of it.
Surprisingly it is voiced very similer to my own amp even though they are 2 completely different circuits all to gether.
I have tried alot of amps and modded Marshalls and most didn't do it for me but the Landry is a keeper.
Thanks for the rundown! :thumbsup:
Yeah man I've had a similar tone journey. I tried a variety of highly reputable high-gain heads and discovered that my original Peters amps (which I stupidly sold off) and the Landry G3 were the amps for me. Only reason I sold my Landry G3 was because I chose the Pure Clean channel and I just didn't get along with it. I'm hoping the Dirty Clean on this G4 is more to my liking.

Bill just sent me a vid of my completed G4, and in that vid he confirms there's new diodes that are on/off switchable. The switch is labelled Classic/Modern. Judging from the vid, they sound great!

Attachments

• Landry G4 Switches.jpg
    Landry G4 Switches.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 32
Back