New XTC by Bogner is out now?

Monomyth mods & most modern Marshall’s are too apples & oranges vs the XTC’s. There are a bunch of amps that made XTC’s obsolete for me, but those aren’t one of them. Too different. I guess though if the XTC’s are apples and the Monomyth’s are oranges, I’d probably consider the Monomyth’s to be better oranges

Hahaha the moon....I don't use or need a amp to produce every sound out there. I know what I want and would disagree with the comparison on the far end of agression of the ecstasy against my amps. I would argue to some degree that if recorded side by side things might turn out differently. Afa the cheap Marshall's comment that is just my sarcasm for the boutique scene and to be fair the whole versatile thing is not my thing. If I want clean I play an acoustic.

Hahaha the moon....I don't use or need a amp to produce every sound out there. I know what I want and would disagree with the comparison on the far end of agression of the ecstasy against my amps. I would argue to some degree that if recorded side by side things might turn out differently. Afa the cheap Marshall's comment that is just my sarcasm for the boutique scene and to be fair the whole versatile thing is not my thing. If I want clean I play an acoustic.
What is this...acoustic you speak of...

I wouldn’t choose any XTC for the “far end of aggression”. That’s better suited to the OG Uber or maybe the new one coming out. Besides that I think it’s tough to rival for aggression the old Marshall’s boosted or with the right mod, c+’s or early Rev Recto’s

Last edited:
There’s more tones in my XTC than I could imagine. It was never intended to be a set it and forget it amp but that’s how I use it. The lead tones are the best - greasy and full sounding and not thin and ear piercing. Can it do thumping rhythm? Yeah. But it can also do dynamic volume rolling and has fender deluxe clean channel. It also has an assignable plexi mode if that’s your thing and with the 525V plates it’s legit.

So does a modded Marshall come close? No. I have two of my own and there’s I reason I still own all three.
Channel 2 boosted is one of the greatest tones you will ever get in any amp I had two 1997s and those two amps were just magical!

So a couple things...

It's not "trolling" just because you don't like it. You made a big claim with nothing to back it up. Would you believe me if I just blurted out that I can jump to the moon? Come on dude.

Having said that, the first Marshall clip you posted sounds awesome. It's super aggressive and clear. But you still haven't shown that it comes close to the Ecstasy for tones that people who like the Ecstasy go for, meaning high gain but also expressive, dynamic, huge lead tones. Despite what Glenn Fricker says, not everybody wants full bore supersonic high octane ultra tight chugging distortion 100% of the time. I also still don't know whether the Marshall can do more than exactly one sound. That Ecstasy is one of the most versatile amps ever built and the Pandora mod looks like it cranks that versatility up even more.

That 2nd Marshall clip was taken with a cell phone mic being pointed at the floor so the clip is a distant sounding echoey mess that could have come from almost any amp with a Gain knob. Hard to really tell what that amp sounds like at all.

Those amps are also not "cheap Marshalls." They're Monomyth modded Marshalls. That JCM 800 even before mods starts at $2,500 for a decent used one and a decent Super Lead will start at $3k, and again that's before the mods.

Credit where it's due though, that first clip you posted does sound killer. Damn what a sound.

I wonder what a Pandora modded XTC would go for from the factory.
4 grand with the mod as I was told by Jorg @ Bogner

What's the Pandora mod do? Can you send in an older one and have the mod added?

the red channel now could do chugs !!
I had a 2007 XTC and it was cool for leads but didn't get very chunky and aggressive for chugs on the red channel. Picked up a 2002 101b a few weeks ago and this thing gets absolutely brutal. My favorite Synergy module is the Uberschall and I was going to buy an Uber instead, but I'm able to get that same tone on the 101b, except with even more chunky low end. Very interesting because I never thought of these amps being this aggressive but the earlier ones have a slightly different red channel than newer ones. Apparently that makes a difference!

Last edited:
What's the Pandora mod do? Can you send in an older one and have the mod added?

I had a 2007 XTC and it was cool for leads but didn't get very chunky and aggressive for chugs on the red channel. Picked up a 2002 101b a few weeks ago and this thing gets absolutely brutal. My favorite Synergy module is the Uberschall and I was going to buy an Uber instead, but I'm able to get that same tone on the 101b, except with even more chunky. Very interesting because I never thought of these amps being this aggressive but the earlier ones have a slightly different red channel than newer ones. Apparently that makes a difference!

Others who have had the later version here on the forum state that it’s not even in the same playing field as a mid 90’s to early 2000’s XTC. They really do sound drastically different.

I’m interested in the newer XTC but I’d want to hear more recordings of it than exist right now before deciding whether I want one. I’d have to sell my current 98 XTC and to do that it’s going to have to be convincing otherwise.

Last edited:
the red channel now could do chugs !!
All Ecstacies do chugs. Heck, my Shiva will chug all day long. Most guys use way too much gain anyway.

The only XTC I would buy anyway is the new 50w 3534.

Honeatly, since getting my Revv, I've lost gas for amps. But, that will change!

Last edited:
Back