New XTC by Bogner is out now?

hopkinWFG

1b4a0b5eb68b8653fb1f482ccfc80a6016ae18.jpg

Any insights on the market in amercia? wonder whats new on this mean machine...

i have no idea if its a mod or not... i guess the XTC silkscreen is replaced by Pandora... now idea how big a differences this would be, i just shared this picture found on japanese gear site section...

From listening to Bogner's description of this amp in the Reza video, this looks like Bogner's attempt to put the 101B and 100B circuits in the same chassis and make different parts of each of those circuits switchable, along with a few extra "more aggressive than either" switching options.

Looks really cool.

If I got one I'd still want the white knobs though.

Last edited:
It would be great if Bogner offered this as the latest and greatest Ecstasy for 2023 but I have heard that so far it is only a mod that can be ordered on a brand new Ecstasy . I would love to check one out!

From listening to Bogner's description of this amp in the Reza video, this looks like Bogner's attempt to put the 101B and 100B circuits in the same chassis and make different parts of each of those circuits switchable, along with a few extra "more aggressive than either" switching options.

Looks really cool.

If I got one I'd still want the white knobs though.

the red channel now could do chugs !!

Imagine processed into a vht classic in stereo
with old marshall 4x12 creamback loaded 25s...I'm not one to list every amp I own. I know people do it for different reasons and respect that. I will say the pandora sounds great but can't see the price. I have spent a lot for amps like the C+/++ Coliseum or purple VHT2100C but those don't come along everyday😎

Last edited:
Troll this🖕

So a couple things...

It's not "trolling" just because you don't like it. You made a big claim with nothing to back it up. Would you believe me if I just blurted out that I can jump to the moon? Come on dude.

Having said that, the first Marshall clip you posted sounds awesome. It's super aggressive and clear. But you still haven't shown that it comes close to the Ecstasy for tones that people who like the Ecstasy go for, meaning high gain but also expressive, dynamic, huge lead tones. Despite what Glenn Fricker says, not everybody wants full bore supersonic high octane ultra tight chugging distortion 100% of the time. I also still don't know whether the Marshall can do more than exactly one sound. That Ecstasy is one of the most versatile amps ever built and the Pandora mod looks like it cranks that versatility up even more.

That 2nd Marshall clip was taken with a cell phone mic being pointed at the floor so the clip is a distant sounding echoey mess that could have come from almost any amp with a Gain knob. Hard to really tell what that amp sounds like at all.

Those amps are also not "cheap Marshalls." They're Monomyth modded Marshalls. That JCM 800 even before mods starts at $2,500 for a decent used one and a decent Super Lead will start at $3k, and again that's before the mods.

Credit where it's due though, that first clip you posted does sound killer. Damn what a sound.

I wonder what a Pandora modded XTC would go for from the factory.

Last edited:
So a couple things...

It's not "trolling" just because you don't like it. You made a big claim with nothing to back it up. Would you believe me if I just blurted out that I can jump to the moon? Come on dude.

Having said that, the first Marshall clip you posted sounds awesome. It's super aggressive and clear. But you still haven't shown that it comes close to the Ecstasy for tones that people who like the Ecstasy go for, meaning high gain but also expressive, dynamic, huge lead tones. Despite what Glenn Fricker says, not everybody wants full bore supersonic high octane ultra tight chugging distortion 100% of the time. I also still don't know whether the Marshall can do more than exactly one sound. That Ecstasy is one of the most versatile amps ever built and the Pandora mod looks like it cranks that versatility up even more.

That 2nd Marshall clip was taken with a cell phone mic being pointed at the floor so the clip is a distant sounding echoey mess that could have come from almost any amp with a Gain knob. Hard to really tell what that amp sounds like at all.

Those amps are also not "cheap Marshalls." They're Monomyth modded Marshalls. That JCM 800 even before mods starts at $2,500 for a decent used one and a decent Super Lead will start at $3k, and again that's before the mods.

Credit where it's due though, that first clip you posted does sound killer. Damn what a sound.

I wonder what a Pandora modded XTC would go for from the factory.

There’s more tones in my XTC than I could imagine. It was never intended to be a set it and forget it amp but that’s how I use it. The lead tones are the best - greasy and full sounding and not thin and ear piercing. Can it do thumping rhythm? Yeah. But it can also do dynamic volume rolling and has fender deluxe clean channel. It also has an assignable plexi mode if that’s your thing and with the 525V plates it’s legit.

So does a modded Marshall come close? No. I have two of my own and there’s I reason I still own all three.

Back