NGD!!!! Ernie Ball Music Man Cutlass HSS!!!!

gbsmusic

It's been a long time since I've posted a new guitar day just got this yesterday been playing the hell out of it. I was looking a strat sounding guitar in the neck and middle pick ups and a humbucker that can scream! I could I could not be happier with this guitar, it's been a long time since I've had stainless steel frets I forget how easy the strings bend on ss. The neck is beautiful but it plays even better than it looks so smooth. If you're looking for an HSS guitar I cannot recommend one of these enough I've tried a bunch of others out. The pictures are blurry you have to click on them.

Attachments

• 20210711_072808.jpg
    20210711_072808.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 98
  • 20210711_072814.jpg
    20210711_072814.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 107
  • 20210711_072829.jpg
    20210711_072829.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 105
Congrats!
Owned an Olympic White one years back.
Best kept Strat secret on the market in my opinion.

Fantastic guitars! I’ve had a number of cutlasses over the last 4 years, and it’s the one I keep coming back to over every other guitar I’ve tried. And music man knocked the pickups out of the park, on both the SSS and HSS versions!

Congrats! I have two Axis and the quality is as good as it gets. EBMM is a great company.

Congrats, that’s a beauty!!
I’ve started to pull the trigger on one of those so many times I lost count, but never went through with it. Would love to know how it holds up for you, meaning is it a keeper or a short term fling.

Aside from an actual vintage 60's strat I played, the Cutlass is my favorite strat-type guitar ever.

They are friggin amazing :love: :rock:

Congrats, that’s a beauty!!
I’ve started to pull the trigger on one of those so many times I lost count, but never went through with it. Would love to know how it holds up for you, meaning is it a keeper or a short term fling.
As of now it does everything I wanted. I wanted that strat quack and a great humbucker that would scream but yet retain clarity. The fretwork is incredible and the neck is so wonderful to play straight as an arrow! Top notch!

Last edited:
The fretwork is incredible and the next the neck is so wonderful to play straight as an arrow! Top notch!

This your first EBMM? At one time or another I've owned Strat style guitars from
Suhr, D'Pergo, Vinetto, FCS, Anderson, Tyler, Kirn, and others I'm forgetting.

MM necks, and guitars in general are seriously on par with anything - regardless of
price. And they've been incredibly consistent for me. Bought my first around 2000-ish,
and most recently a JP15 last year with maybe 5 others in between. All stellar!

These guitars also have the battery powered circuit that gets rid of the buz that single coils get that works great

Last edited:
I had an Axis years ago I should have held to but as always GAS got me.
Funny, tried one maybe 10 years ago and didn't bond with it. I'd gotten really use to the JP
by then and the Axis neck felt very different.
These guitars also have the battery powered circuit that gets rid of the buz that single coils that works great
Forgot about that. Ya, excellent system if you're cool with batteries.
MM makes them super easy to swap (no tools) and there's an LED that turns on when the battery is dying.

I'm a huge EBMM fan. Picked up a Sabre. It is an outstanding versitle guitar. 2 and 4 positions kill at strat tones. Also have a Jason Richardson and JP15 7 string. If I were you n the market for strat type is certainly be looking EB.

Best that I've found, one I did not try was a Suhr, they were more than I wanted to spend. I wanted a humbucker in the bridge also, I'm not if so I'm not a huge fan of a single coil bridge pick up.

Back