NGD for me too. Les Paul Custom Lite

bigdaddyd

So I have wanted one of these for a really long time....ever since I saw the fantastic pink (sierra mist?) finish in the ad...hey it was the '80s :LOL: :LOL: Anyway, I finally convinced the owner of a store here to trade for my 335. I love my 335, but there are a ton of 335s and not so many of these around. To be honest, people are so picky with 335. They want to know what factory they are made in, "do you have papers?" "do you have case candy?" I mean they forget it is an awesome guitar. Anyway, back to the topic.

So, I am not sure of the specifics other than it is awesome and well, pink. I forget what pickups are in it. It plays pretty amazing. I just restrung it with 9s and I am waiting for it to settle before setting it up. At some point, it was modded to have a regular 4 knob setup, as opposed to the original 3 knob and mini switch deal. I am ok with that and will probably throw in some rs guitarworks wiring in the future since I will be keeping it if possible. Here are the pictures that the dealer took. They are way better than my crappy phone pics.

Attachments

• body front.JPG
    body front.JPG
    396.3 KB · Views: 1,948
  • full with case.JPG
    full with case.JPG
    413.4 KB · Views: 1,926
  • headstock front.JPG
    headstock front.JPG
    342.4 KB · Views: 1,912
  • back full.JPG
    back full.JPG
    382.4 KB · Views: 1,922
  • back of body.JPG
    back of body.JPG
    378.5 KB · Views: 1,921
Well I was going to post a comparison shot with my 35th Anniv LPC, but I see all the excitement this generated.

Sunset Metallic. Sierra Mist is a soft drink. :LOL: :LOL: Cool guitar though - I admit they caught my eye back then too!

reverymike":19lifrs7 said:
Sunset Metallic. Sierra Mist is a soft drink. :LOL: :LOL: Cool guitar though - I admit they caught my eye back then too!

You are correct sir...Sunset Metallic. Hmmm...I never drank a Sierra Mist. I wonder where I got that from. Speaking of which, I was in the supermarket the other day and was shocked to see they still made Tab. Does anyone remember that? I remember my mom drinking that shit in the '70s. I nearly fell over when I saw it.

Thank you on the guitar. It is pretty badass so far. This was the color I wanted as a kid. Then again, I didn't know you could get it in other colors. I've seen a flamed out proto, regular black, gold tops, and that is it. I am not sure what else they came in.

This guy has two of them. One like mine (except with the mini toggle, and a gold top converted to the 4 knob mod...I suppose even more like mine.) He does awesome demos.

These guitars are awesome. I lusted after one in the 80's as well. Used to go down to the local store every weekend, play it and, well, just stand and stare. I love the weight - it would make a killer gigging Les Paul. Alas, I have since amassed a family of Les Paul Customs so I fear I will likely never get around to owning a Custom Lite.

Congrats, and enjoy! :thumbsup:

HNGD! I would love to give one of these a spin some day. The color is right up my alley! How does it sound compared to eh LPC?

Cool score! A buddy of mine had a black one back in the 80's...it played and sounded great. I always dug the pink one though...like you said, "it was the 80's" :thumbsup:

I had one of these from 1987 that I got in a trade deal last spring. Mine had a few minor mods done to it but it was a killer Les Paul. I ended up trading it for an Anderson Drop Top to a local guy who really wanted it, but it was a cool guitar. PS I believe the correct name for the colour is Sunset Mist...

303651_3907422319821_1712899330_n.jpg

W.

The neck is pretty much like my other custom. It plays butter smooth. The main difference with these is that they sound a bit brighter and clearer. Sort of between a mix of heavier SG and a LPC. That being said, I have SGs that can get really heavy sounding, and my LPC can really clean up. Like on my 35th anniv. the neck pickup is way more powerful, but I will try to adjust that out.

King Loudness":3c0fssvo said:
I had one of these from 1987 that I got in a trade deal last spring. Mine had a few minor mods done to it but it was a killer Les Paul. I ended up trading it for an Anderson Drop Top to a local guy who really wanted it, but it was a cool guitar. PS I believe the correct name for the colour is Sunset Mist...

303651_3907422319821_1712899330_n.jpg

W.

That would explain where I got sierra mist from... :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks for all of the kind words. I just ordered an amber switch tip and black top hat knobs with amber inserts. I think that might look a bit cooler. I am not sure I am digging the speed knobs on it. I think the one in the video looks a tad better, although his is an '88 and mine is an 87

Back