NGD: Les Paul from the Mod Shop

  • Thread starter Thread starter phillybhatesme
  • Start date Start date
I don't claim to be an expert on Gibson pickups, but I've heard of the usual suspects like PAFs, 57, 498t, but I've never seen or heard of DC High-Gain. Here's a screenshot from the listing:

View attachment 456682

Yeah, the top is maple on a mahogany body.
Fretboard is rosewood. You didn't ask, but maybe someone else will want to know.
DC High-Gain is what they use in the bridge of the Adam Jones signature standard. Looks great with the witch hat knobs.
 
Where are the booty shots? Don't hold out on us now.

IMG_5961.JPG


Finish is nitro, so I've been keeping it in the case and smelling it periodically throughout the day hahahaha.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5958.JPG
    IMG_5958.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5959.JPG
    IMG_5959.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_5962.JPG
    IMG_5962.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5960.JPG
    IMG_5960.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 34
DC High-Gain is what they use in the bridge of the Adam Jones signature standard. Looks great with the witch hat knobs.

Just plugged it in and it sounds great. My amps on the other hand are fucking squealing with some bullshit cause I think I have 100 year old wiring in my house and shitty grounds. It's really frustrating actually. But that's a problem for another day. I'll take this guitar to my next band practice and wail on it.
 
YES! It has the natty back. Hell yeah dude!!! That is just my favorite. i was hoping it was natural and not just black. How awesome is that. Looks wonderful. I am digging those knobs on that LP as well. Class and sass.

Yeah, the natural back is stellar. I don't own any natural back LPs, so that was indeed icing on the cake for me as well.
 
Happy NGD! How does it play and sound? 🤘🏻

Plays great and the setup from the factory isn’t bad at all. I’ll eventually restring with 11s and do a setup but overall, I’m not complaining.

Sounds great too but I only plugged it in at home and I’ve got some horrible issues at home right now that I’ll save for another day to solve. I really want to take it to my next band practice though.
 
Plays great and the setup from the factory isn’t bad at all. I’ll eventually restring with 11s and do a setup but overall, I’m not complaining.

Sounds great too but I only plugged it in at home and I’ve got some horrible issues at home right now that I’ll save for another day to solve. I really want to take it to my next band practice though.
Wish you find an easy resolve for the issue you’re dealing with
 
Wish you find an easy resolve for the issue you’re dealing with

I could be barking up the wrong tree for months. Who knows...it's possible it's just this shitty cable I have haha. I play unplugged at home, so I kinda don't care, but that's just what I tell myself to feel better lol.
 
Back
Top