NGD - SNK VH-Pre Studio Preamp + clip!

errrrrl

That most recent VH-140C thread a few weeks ago got me gassing for this thing. I finally pulled the trigger and it came in the other day. I got to say, I love it. I had a VH140C in the 90s which eventually blew up in 2002 ish. I would say this thing gets me there, I just wish I had the real deal to compare it to. For the clip I boosted it with a tube driven boost just for shits and giggles lol.... Enjoy!

Thanks guys! So today I did the "listen to your track in the car" test and kinda surprised to be honest. This was one of the simplest recording rigs I've ever used, chain was:

@Exo-metal Orville LPC with BK mules -> Cuda overdrive -> VH-Pre -> Interface -> add York audio IRs in the daw. Did a simple hi/low cut and that was about it.

@RaceU4her thanks dude, I wish you had one to compare against your VH140C. From my shitty memory it does totally have the same tone. Hoping to have some time this weekend to hook it up to a power amp and cab, curious how that will sound.

I'm thinking a few pedals this and a Axiom pedal. Some sort of discussion for a speaker recommendation might make some great tones I need outside the operation in my bunker? What you've done here is incredible as usual.

Wondering what has the smallest greenback signature now...

Screenshot_20240326-005702_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240326-005441_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Back