No talk about Corona Virus?

Krull":1zs3lhhw said:
No problem. I’m glad you think CEO’s have the public’s best interest at hand.

I never said all CEOs. For example, the CEO of Trump International? No worries, he'll get his federal bailout payment and then some. The Hotel Industry will be fine. All at the expense of us U.S.A taxpayers. We should all be grateful to contribute.

Krull":2vh98kvs said:
JackTripper":2vh98kvs said:
Krull":2vh98kvs said:
No problem. I’m glad you think CEO’s have the public’s best interest at hand.

I never said all CEOs. For example, the CEO of Trump International? No worries, he'll get his federal bailout payment and then some. The Hotel Industry will be fine. All at the expense of us U.S.A taxpayers. We should all be grateful to contribute.

Dude I’m not here to argue with you, it’s pointless. Let’s face it, all the worlds leaders screwed the pooch on this one. I just hope we can all make it through this nightmare.

Honestly stay healthy and safe.

Well said. We're on the same page there for sure, be safe!

Goat":165ztr33 said:
Follow the South Korean Model to Defeat Coronavirus

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/0 ... ronavirus/

Top comment:

USMCDanang1966 • 15 minutes ago
The South Koreans don't have a bunch of Communists attacking their every move. Furthermore, they aren't plagued with a media that is comprised of Marxists/Communists, and whose sole job is to destroy their nation. South Koreans as a whole are a nation of well educated people; and they are very, nationalistic. Contrast that with our nation, where at least half of the idiots here, hate America. Little wonder that South Korea was able to institute their policies, and shutdown the effects of the virus. If President Trump tries to mimic what South Korea has done, he will face lawsuits from Democrats, and a preponderance of lies from the media.

For fuck's sake, that is not true at all.

a.) South Koreans as a whole are not very nationalistic or full of patriotism at all. And frankly it's just dumb to try and overlay US politics onto any other country, let alone an asian one.

b.) In Korea now, the Korean government is taking a lot of flak for how they handled it. It may be a role model for the US right now, but that doesn't mean the Korean people view it as such.

c.) And what states are most closely following the South Korean model? (it's NY and CA, i.e., Democrats apparently support and lead in enacting strict policies aimed at curbing the viral spread). You just have to consider what the mechanism for success was. We can pretend like a lockdown is draconian, but it's a blanket policy when you can't perform the testing to identify and quarantine individuals (this is where Korea and China really succeeded). The US doesn't have the tests, so how else would you mimic the mechanism (taking sick people out of the active community) without lockdown? The answer isn't to just let a ton of untested people go back to work.

Krull":u0qrdbyr said:

It's nice that you can google "south korea patriotism", but live in South Korea for a while (or date a South Korean like the one I asked before replying), and I'll be more open to the criticism. Like any country that has basically a single ethnic/racial/cultural identity, they seem to be more capable of cobbling together a united front against threats -- like this, or like the IMF crisis. But to qualify as nationalistic, I think it's ridiculous. You have to like and support your government to be nationalistic, and that is not a very South Korean trait.

Krull":2p673fpj said:
You also claim “it's just dumb to try and overlay US politics onto any other country, let alone an asian one”. So tell me why so many people in Honk Kong love the USA model and praise Trump? Or how about Indian for the matter.

It’s funny you say I can just google it. What have you done? That’s all you guys do in SS.org. Max of metal is the king of this.

I don't know what HK or Indian support for trump would mean, if it is somehow significant (not that you posted any information to express that). That's simply irrelevant. The point is that the political divides and issues are different between countries, the economies, inequalities, freedoms, and social issues are all different, and none of these things transfer. So for instance, the leader of Korea is head of the democratic party, so I might say, wow, clearly if Trump follows the South Korea model, all the democrats would be for it -- we're trying to follow in the footsteps of a country with liberal leadership, right?

Of course, while the spectrum is the same, US conservatives/liberals are not the same as Korean conservatives/liberals, so it's just dumb to compare political issues this way (as was done in the comment). The commenter is making Korea seem like it has these American conservative values for the sake of connecting with their successes in fighting the virus, nothing more, without taking anything else into consideration.

Kind of besides the point -- you can't follow the Korean method if you don't have tests and you can't test people, and the US has botched that up bigtime. Hopefully they can manage to produce at scale before things really kick up.

Some Mo stuff about any death. Just objective, that's all. Please try not to bring too much politics into it. Remember, you fear what you create.

https://worldbirthsanddeaths.com/

Attachments

• W-BD.jpg
    W-BD.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 3,232
Goat":2kzn9021 said:
FOX and CCN are incensed that young people are throwing their finger up at "social distancing" orders. :LOL: :LOL:

They may be partying up it now, but wait until they graduate from college this year or next year. They'll be entering an economy where they will be unemployed. If they are lucky, they will be underemployed. They'll be whining and complaining their generation has it tough. And Fox and CNN will revisit those photos, having the last laugh.

The # of COVID-19 cases is going to end up being bad just by how people are acting, especially those who aren't high risk for morbidity.

I texted an M.D. friend, who practices in NY, on Feb. 23 being surprised that NY had 0 cases considering that the state has a significant Chinese population in the metropolitan areas. Then bam, the hospitals are getting overwhelmed just within the last week.

CA has the potential to be a disaster since there are too many idiots wandering about outside acting like there's no pandemic.

Krull":13syvm6s said:
Honestly what’s the point of getting tested? They keep making a big deal about how there is not enough test kits. Maybe the fact of just going to get tested might in fact get you infected is a good reason to not get tested.

Stay away from the hospital as long as you can. Don’t run towards it.
To get virus genome mutation rate info. SARS-CoV-2 will mutate since it's genome RNA (+). How do you think the virus went from bats -> intermediary -> humans?

Goat":rxawcy0u said:
narad":rxawcy0u said:
Goat":rxawcy0u said:

Top comment:

The South Koreans don't have a bunch of Communists attacking their every move. Furthermore, they aren't plagued with a media that is comprised of Marxists/Communists, and whose sole job is to destroy their nation. South Koreans as a whole are a nation of well educated people; and they are very, nationalistic. Contrast that with our nation, where at least half of the idiots here, hate America. Little wonder that South Korea was able to institute their policies, and shutdown the effects of the virus. If President Trump tries to mimic what South Korea has done, he will face lawsuits from Democrats, and a preponderance of lies from the media.

a.) South Koreans as a whole are not very nationalistic or full of patriotism at all. And frankly it's just dumb to try and overlay US politics onto any other country, let alone an asian one.

b.) In Korea now, the Korean government is taking a lot of flak for how they handled it. It may be a role model for the US right now, but that doesn't mean the Korean people view it as such.

c.) And what states are most closely following the South Korean model? (it's NY and CA, i.e., Democrats apparently support and lead in enacting strict policies aimed at curbing the viral spread). You just have to consider what the mechanism for success was. We can pretend like a lockdown is draconian, but it's a blanket policy when you can't perform the testing to identify and quarantine individuals (this is where Korea and China really succeeded). The US doesn't have the tests, so how else would you mimic the mechanism (taking sick people out of the active community) without lockdown? The answer isn't to just let a ton of untested people go back to work.
You're an idiot... a useful idiot.

Ha, that's funny -- I seem to pass every metric of not-being-an-idiot, except, of course, having my posts liked in the political sections of Rig-Talk. Go figure.

To the actual comment from that article, I'm "boots on the ground" in Japan and Korea, so it's funny to read a bunch of you guys getting your impressions of their policies and culture from anonymous posters in right-wing media outlets. As to why testing is important, frequent testing is literally the way Korea handled shit. You can't "follow in Korea's footsteps" if you can't test huge swaths of the potentially effected population. If you don't get that, you don't understand why things succeeded in Korea.

Krull":1fqkojnp said:
narad":1fqkojnp said:
Goat":1fqkojnp said:
narad":1fqkojnp said:
Goat":1fqkojnp said:

Top comment:

You're an idiot... a useful idiot.

Ha, that's funny -- I seem to pass every metric of not-being-an-idiot, except, of course, having my posts liked in the political sections of Rig-Talk. Go figure.

To the actual comment from that article, I'm "boots on the ground" in Japan and Korea, so it's funny to read a bunch of you guys getting your impressions of their policies and culture from anonymous posters in right-wing media outlets. As to why testing is important, frequent testing is literally the way Korea handled shit. You can't "follow in Korea's footsteps" if you can't test huge swaths of the potentially effected population. If you don't get that, you don't understand why things succeeded in Korea.

Oh man a white guy living in Japan who dated a Korean is an expert on Japanese and Korean culture? When are you receiving the nobel peace prize on Asian Diversity?

tumblr_lmdz96v0Lq1qawcvb.gif

Expert? No.
More informed than people who never stepped foot in the country and who couldn't point it out on a map? Yes.

There`s more to this than corona virus, trains on east coast are fully loaded with national guard equipment and Fayettenam is air drilling like a mf`er

Back