No talk about Corona Virus?

Krull":1rd9p9lm said:
Gigablast somehow gives me faith. I saw that article and it makes 100% sense. But of course the powers that be see otherwise. At this point I don’t know what to think. For instance, how does a country like Japan with such a high density population only have 29 deaths from this virus. This is all a big mind fuck to me at this point.

We took big measures quickly, major social distancing / cancelled group events / widespread WFH, back in early February. Because Japan has a large elderly demographic, we are taking it quite seriously.

Krull":2q0pmq3w said:
narad":2q0pmq3w said:
Krull":2q0pmq3w said:
My blame goes on the whole Airline industry. I honestly don’t know who is in control of flight travel between countries but there should have been some centralized decision to stop all travel.

That's one of the problems with people thinking profit driven companies will self regulate, and why governments ultimately have to step in and force them to do the right thing.

CNutz":1f6l1y7e said:
Krull":1f6l1y7e said:
narad":1f6l1y7e said:
Krull":1f6l1y7e said:
My blame goes on the whole Airline industry. I honestly don’t know who is in control of flight travel between countries but there should have been some centralized decision to stop all travel.

That's one of the problems with people thinking profit driven companies will self regulate, and why governments ultimately have to step in and force them to do the right thing.

I agree, but at the same time there are a lot of examples of private company CEO’s taking unprecedented measures to protect their employees and customers. In fact, I think a fair number of companies have taken better preventive measures to protect the public than that taken by the federal government.

honestly i go back and forth. i can see what is being done as overreacting. i can also see the logic behind doing it.

what i can't wrap my head around is a president golfing and claiming its all a hoax for weeks while he should have been taking it seriously and organizing the testing on the scale of every other country. that is 100% inexcusable and i know everyone on the right would be hair on fire screaming if a certain black president had done the same.

we are making huge life changing decisions for millions of people without the proper data. that is insane. maybe we shouldn't be closing everything thing down, maybe we should. it is hard to know for sure when our testing is so far behind every other country.

why did we turn down using the WHO test that every other country is using? why claim for weeks that this is a "dem impeachment hoax" if you are going to turn around now and say you knew it was going to be a pandemic the whole time?

JackTripper":1hwlv8ap said:
CNutz":1hwlv8ap said:
Krull":1hwlv8ap said:
narad":1hwlv8ap said:
Krull":1hwlv8ap said:

I agree, but at the same time there are a lot of examples of private company CEO’s taking unprecedented measures to protect their employees and customers. In fact, I think a fair number of companies have taken better preventive measures to protect the public than that taken by the federal government.

You're right, but it only takes a few assholes to fuck it up for everyone. Could we safely drink and drive? Yes the people who regulated their alcohol intake could. But it's the people that get plastered, and kill a whole family. There will always be the company that puts profit over safety, and/or over the best interest of the public. If we find a way to deal with that, and not have to go the regulation route, I'm all for it.

The money handout thing has gone from All to Certain Americans, I figured that shit before they said it. They`ll give to these motherfuckers that are on welfare already Bet. Fuckn Nazis

What would be great, since political discussion is clearly allowed. We should figure out a way to do it like adults, and in a non-partisan non-rhetoric manner. I guarantee most of us probably feel the same, and if everyone would dig up their heals from whatever "Political Team" they've decided to be on we could discuss these things without slinging shit everywhere.

Not saying this thread is slinging shit right now, just that we've had many that have. Just a thought.

An admirable and lofty sentiment, mate.

If everyone were already to have attained mastery of his thoughts and therefore life and demeanour, it'd be a cinch.

Unfortunately, whilst we all aspire to the aforementioned ideal, even if only subconsciously, the discipline and sacrifices necessary to attain it aren't things all folks have embraced yet. Heck, even the highest-paid politicians in the world wrestle with it daily and few can claim the mantle of unwavering fairness.

My "just a thought" prompted by your "just a thought", brother. I respect you for at least envisaging such a scenario. It is said that the artists are the dreamers and therefore makers of our world, and I'm sure you're no exception. :cheers2:

CNutz":2dzl2jl5 said:
What would be great, since political discussion is clearly allowed. We should figure out a way to do it like adults, and in a non-partisan non-rhetoric manner. I guarantee most of us probably feel the same, and if everyone would dig up their heals from whatever "Political Team" they've decided to be on we could discuss these things without slinging shit everywhere.

Not saying this thread is slinging shit right now, just that we've had many that have. Just a thought.
Have you ever attended a sporting event, where a fan called a foul on his/her own team? Of course not! They smirk, and hope that the referees didn't spot it. Yet, those same fans will scream their ass off to call foul on the rival team.

Goat":3cwt0j0a said:
CNutz":3cwt0j0a said:

Have you ever attended a sporting event, where a fan called a foul on his/her own team? Of course not! They smirk, and hope that the referees didn't spot it. Yet, those same fans will scream their ass off to call foul on the rival team. Hypocrisy is engrained in the heart of every human being.

Oh I know. The hypocrisy is done in the name of ones team winning. I don't know about this metaphorical heart, but it all has it's roots in hominid evolution. Here is a good quick read:
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... cs-tribal/

..just got a news alert China's NOx levels are going up... supposing at current...

meaning they are ramping back up production? (speculation on my part)

Attachments

• COVID-19 Global Snapshot - (3-19-2020).jpg
    COVID-19 Global Snapshot - (3-19-2020).jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 889
Goat":3mc17n8e said:
Three members of the same New Jersey family die after contracting coronavirus.

Two family members of a New Jersey woman who died from the coronavirus last week also reportedly lost their lives from the illness on Wednesday.

Grace Fusco, 73, a mother of 11 from Freehold, died in a hospital Wednesday night, her cousin and family lawyer Paradiso Fodera told the New York Times.

Fusco’s daughter, 55-year-old Rita Fusco-Jackson, died Friday, becoming New Jersey’s second coronavirus victim.

Meanwhile, Fusco’s eldest son, Carmine Fusco, also died from the virus at a hospital in Pennsylvania earlier Wednesday, Fodera told the paper.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/three-mem ... ronavirus/

If you contract coronavirus, and have not been vaccinated against pneumococcal pneumonia, going to a hospital could be a problem. I've always heard that there is no better place to contract S. pneumoniae (strep), than in a hospital. According to Dr. John Sinnott, MD (USF Health Infectious Disease Epidemiologist), secondary infection of pneumonia is what's killing patients. They go into the hospital with coronavisus, then contact pneumococcal pneumonia. Check with your doctor to see if you're a candidate for vaccination.

Thank you Doctor, you will be the first physician I consult when needing medical advice. :confused:

Yo Krull. Looks like our Russkie buds are kicking it rolling with the breeze not breaking the vibe tanked up on some good Smirnoff. They're like, "You fear what ya create" let sleeping dawgs lie @ 1 - don't ya think so? :checkthisout:

Back