Pantera Tour

A shameful cash grab by the two guys who walked away from Pantera...and want desperately to still be relevant.
No need to wonder what the two OGs who passed on would think about this.
That's my entire issue with this whole thing tbh. It's none of my business and I don't/didn't know anyone involved but according to whatever is floating around on the media, things were never mended and Vin would have never gone for this.

Who knows what would have happened if tragedies didn't strike, Dime seems like a great dude and maybe one day it could have all happened but without their say in the matter it just leaves me feeling uneasy. They did however get whatever permissions/legality hoops were needed to be able to do this I assume, so there is that.

Who knows. I doubt I will go because it's just not right in my opinion.

Phil is an ok guy IMO. i think he got fucked out of his head with opiates, booze, and r&r lead singer ego, gradually between about 95 and 05, and seems to have came out of it. Where is this "piece of shit rich kid" stuff coming from? I lived in Grosse Pointe, MI for 20 years... look it up. I've seen some fucking rich kids, my friends. If he came from wealth, he sure hides it better than kid rock, who also gets accused of that all the time as well "cuz his dad totally owned a DEALERSHIP"

A shameful cash grab by the two guys who walked away from Pantera...and want desperately to still be relevant.
No need to wonder what the two OGs who passed on would think about this.
Agreed. You can't quit a band you didn't start, and then come back 20 years later after the founders death and try to claim the band. Shit move on both Phil and Rex. I'm disgusted.

Probably many guitarists and drummers who could do epic as hell tributes to Dimebag and Vinnie, but none that could fill their shoes in the band itself.

Anselmo couldn't grunt his way through a song 20 years ago, how is this gonna work. Also as everyone has said, The drums and Guitar WERE the Pantera sound. Anyone remember Rex's basslines? I never really listened.

It reminds me of Sepultura which I'm a huge fan and still listening to but only with Max on vocals.
The Cavalera brothers were the Sepultura band.
When the brothers left the band, first Max (guitar) then Igor (drums), it was pathetic that the other 2 members kept the name, only to take advantage of the recognition the band had by that time and continued only to put out uninspired crap that had nothing to do with the name Sepultura and it's magnitude.
I agree. BUT, Quadra is a killer album. Best Sepultura album since the new line-up. Eloy is a fucking beast.

On a sad note, Cavalera Conspiracy does nothing for me. Beneath The Remains, and Arise are masterpieces.

Put Gene Hoglan on drums and Gary Holt on guitar, I'll go.🤣

It'll end up being some fucknut like Portnoy on drums, and annoying shitstain like Mike Orlando on guitar.

If they were smart, they'd do an all-star tribute thing with multiple high profile players. That would be the classier way of doing it. That would probably put asses in the seats.

Last edited:
Anselmo couldn't grunt his way through a song 20 years ago, how is this gonna work. Also as everyone has said, The drums and Guitar WERE the Pantera sound. Anyone remember Rex's basslines? I never really listened.
I agree. The guitar tone, the drum tone, that was the sound... that vicious audio assault. I can't imagine Zakk with a les paul and a jcm800 on stage replicating that sound at all... and i'm sure that's what he'll use, unless Rita lets Zakk use Dime's old Randall Century rig?? Then he might get close to replicating Dime's live tone. They will probably need Dimebag's old guitar tech Grady to set it up right though, cause it wasn't a simple setup at all. The drum tone had a very particular sound to it too.

Ya, 20 years ago Phil couldn't sing any of the CFH shit anymore, and now his voice is like 3 octaves lower, lol.

Seeing almost everyone on here, regardless of their political beliefs or opinions on gear agree this is a shit move is refreshing.

Would rather watch dime play to backing tracks for the 800th time.

Back